Yet another US shooting

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m maybe missing something here but it’s far more likely she shot him more than once.

Where was her shotgun? On the porch? Behind the front door? Strapped to her back? I assumed she had a pistol, surely she wasn't attending a party cradling a shotgun?

If she had to retreive her shotgun from wherever she had it safely stored, this guy wasn't much of a shot as he failed to hit anybody in the time he pulled up and started shooting and she got her gun and returned fire.

53 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Where was her shotgun? On the porch? Behind the front door? Strapped to her back? I assumed she had a pistol, surely she wasn't attending a party cradling a shotgun?

If she had to retreive her shotgun from wherever she had it safely stored, this guy wasn't much of a shot as he failed to hit anybody in the time he pulled up and started shooting and she got her gun and returned fire.

Reading the story it sounds like a Boyz N Hood style situation where the dead guy has had an argument in the neighbourhood and came back with a rifle to intimidate people. Then this women has blown him to pieces with a shotgun from her property while he was in the street acting like a dick. 

Edited by Detournement

At no point is a shotgun mentioned, more than likely a handgun.

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Interesting concept, this arm the teachers thing.  Police officers, whose main concern is law and order, seem to be reluctant to intervene in school shooting in case they get shot, but teachers, whose main job is education, are expected to steam in. 

Where the gym teacher conceals his glock might also be traumatic to the kids. Arming teachers is a non starter there is no support for it within the teaching community, it's just look a squirrel distraction from the GOP and NRA .

A 2019 survey of more than 2,900 teachers around the US conducted by a researcher at California State University, Northridge, found 95.3% believed teachers should not be carrying guns in the classroom.

“I went to college to become a teacher, not a law enforcement officer,” said Jourden Armstrong, a teacher for 15 years in Michigan. “Commonsense gun reform is an absolutely necessary component to curbing this uniquely American problem.”

12 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Interesting concept, this arm the teachers thing.  Police officers, whose main concern is law and order, seem to be reluctant to intervene in school shooting in case they get shot, but teachers, whose main job is education, are expected to steam in. 

Calculator check pens check pencil check Ruler check General purpose Machine Gun check 

It's also fair to mention that it's not exactly unknown for teachers to go off the rails. The idea of young folk being in "a relationship" with a teacher who has a gun opens up possibilities that are probably better left to the imagination.

FFS I had teachers who couldn't be trusted with a blackboard duster and pieces of chalk... 😳

Are we looking forward to the next 'logical' step? Presumably that's the widespread arming of Priests, Ministers, Rabbis, nuns etc during religious services. 

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

It's also fair to mention that it's not exactly unknown for teachers to go off the rails. The idea of young folk being in "a relationship" with a teacher who has a gun opens up possibilities that are probably better left to the imagination.

FFS I had teachers who couldn't be trusted with a blackboard duster and pieces of chalk... 😳

Are we looking forward to the next 'logical' step? Presumably that's the widespread arming of Priests, Ministers, Rabbis, nuns etc during religious services. 

Mrs Goggins behind the Post Office counter packing an AR15 is an episode of Postman Pat I absolutely want to see

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

DesertedSpectacularIberianmidwifetoad-max-1mb.gif.9b079b01c572d0e5f766a50355f03e3b.gif

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Mrs Goggins behind the Post Office counter packing an AR15 is an episode of Postman Pat I absolutely want to see

Eddie Izzard did a bit in one of his stage shows where the meek weren't inheriting the Earth or anything very much so they got tooled up "Lock and load! What do we want? The Earth! When do we want it? Now, motherf#(kers!" 

57 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Ditto

4 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

The senior officer on the scene decided to wait until the school janitor arrived with the keys

The gun nuts will be using our janitorial system of giving the jannie a wee house on the school grounds as a way of stopping school weans from getting executed. It's truly frightening how far down the rabbit hole they have went in the states, maybe it's always been there but now just more emboldened as they can watch it on TV daily, hear the elected representatives spout it and meet like minded and more radical loonies online.

They weren't expecting the janny to deal with it, were they? A bucket of sawdust wouldn't sort that out.

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It's becoming increasingly apparent that the idea is to make law enforcement a personal responsibility. For the plebs, at least. People on low incomes and minorities won't be surprised by that at all.

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

There are popular American right-wing heroes like Ann Coulter who claim the solution to persecution of non-Christians is for them to start worshipping Jesus like proper Americans.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The police in Uvalde were trained that they should confront an active shooter. They actually hung back for over an hour.

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

The cops not responding properly is confusing me.

I here that schools and workplaces have drills for this kind of scenario.

Then why don't the police have training for this kind of scenario. Surely standing outside for an hour (holding back parents) waiting on a SWAT squad to arrive isn't in the hand book.  

ETA Sorry, for the above, all has been revealed

Fucking hell.

Do I get paid?

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

image.thumb.png.5620778f78c08aa43d2c0caac2e34126.png

Today is day 148 of 2022. There has been an average of almost 2 school shootings per day in America. I can't be bothered doing the maths, but I'd imagine if you removed weekends and holidays, you'd be hitting over 3 per actual school day.

But the best way to stop it happening is to put more guns in schools, lads

I wonder if anyone who is a genuine expert with no skin in the game has gone on record with the "guns for everycunt" mantra. I mean, someone who writes the tactics book for SWAT teams, or the SAS. Would they advocate for having people other than the target armed in those situations? I have my doubts.

"Guns for everycunt" just seems to be a defensive reflex for politicians who want to say something about why kiss shouldn't get murdered at school, but must do so whilst applying a "save my own political skin" filter.

It's basically Boris and his let the bodies pile high attitude. Sort of letting us see the regard we are held in here aswell as America, but thankfully people that came before that c**t at least removed deadly weapons from the balance