2018 World Cup Qualifying Draw - 25th July

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm we're in Slovakia they're in Slovenia same time can see bit mischief there wi travel plans ?

I'm thinking of flying to Vienna and getting the train to Bratislava for that one

Wonder what happens if there is a Mexican stand off between police Scotland and UEFA

Move it to Thursday night maybe?

Police Scotland would win every time

Yes I know but there will be both sets of fans in and around London airports

Pretty certain that's why they started posting armed police at Gatwick TBH.

Weren't there loads of Twitter posts about pwopah naw'y casuals heading up to do the Jocks when that last England friendly happened? :lol:

Rather like the draw itself, I see the fixture draw as 'middle of the road'... could have been better / could have been worse. I'm not as over the moon as some seem to be.

First 2 matches are good to start with: away to Malta/home to Lithuania is a gentle start and so should be 6pts on the board providing a good platform.

However the next 4 matches are very tough - away to Slovakia, home and away to England and home to Slovenia. Could potentially be playing a bit of catch-up after that.

Then the easiest pair of matches again. Then finishing home to Slovakia and away to Slovenia is probably better than the other way around although if we're vying with Slovakia for 2nd it's bad that they finish at home to Malta, as FIFA apply GD and GF before applying head-to-head.

Results against the bottom team will be discarded though, no?

Only looks like that comes into play when deciding which country is the worst second-place finisher.

Which reminds me; we're back to one of the second-placers not making the play-offs. Boo! :angry:

Might already have been answered but when would you have to in the SSC to get tickets for this qualifying campaign?

If there was nae a waiting list before there certainly will be now.

Suddenly the national team becomes more popular now.

Funny that :D

UEFA confirms Russia will play 10 centralised friendlies v Group H.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/Draws/02/26/73/74/2267374_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Nothing for Gibraltar.

Unless they can get ad-hoc friendlies v odd team in Group I, or other continents, they're virtually out of football from Oct 2016 to Sep 2018.

Archived