2018 World Cup Qualifying Draw - 25th July

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those fixtures look quite favourable too. Gentle start at the beginning of the season with Malta away, then Lithuania at home to warm up for the Slovaks when everyone's had the chance to hit form in October. England away a month after, which there's no good time for, and a homer versus Slovenia before everyone starts getting knackered at the end of the season.

Then, England at home when most of our players have started pre-season training and theirs are still on sunloungers. Back to a relatively gentle start once the season's underway with Lithuania and Malta again, before finishing with the Slovaks at home and Slovenia away, once everyone's well warmed up and Slovenia will probably have nothing left to play for anyway.

Really couldn't be happier with how those fixtures have fallen. If we don't make it, it'll just be because we weren't good enough, which is all you can ask for. Now, we just have to hope that Strach doesn't leave for some middling Championship club down south if we qualify for the Euros <_<

This game's at 5 o'clock. I can't see the police being overly happy about this one!

Aye it's a horrible time for the police but I think overall both sets of fans will be well behaved. It might get moved to 3 but I don't know how much difference that would actually make.

5 is perfect for fans though, should be a great day out :)

Never has having a Slovenian stepmother with many family in Slovenia been so advantageous!

I'll probably try and head over for it. The only downside is that it usually involves either a change in London to go to Ljubljana or a direct flight to somewhere in Italy or Croatia.

Though I've never actually been to a Scotland away game, so I can't imagine I'll be able to get tickets what with the whole points thing? Anyway I'll have free accommodation and it's a lovely place.

Doubt the England game will be moved, it's at that time for TV and given the circus about having the big six from Europe in a six team group I don't see UEFA even considering a change regardless of what the Police say. And would 3pm really make any difference anyway?

I'm the same. Toss up between Slovakia and Slovenia but I've plumped for Slovakia for some reason. It sounds more exotic.

Slovenia is fantastic,slovakia is a bit meh compared to slovenia

Last time i was in slovenia ,i had a few days in the hills drinking bears blood wine fantastico

Folk do realise Slovakia are currently top of their Euro group with a 100% record?

Yes it's a better draw than Italy or France but you'd think they're a bunch of complete diddies the way some people are going on.

Folk do realise Slovakia are currently top of their Euro group with a 100% record?

Yes it's a better draw than Italy or France but you'd think they're a bunch of complete diddies the way some people are going on.

You're pissing on my rose garden, fella.

It's not exactly a fluke, either. Mind that pumping they gave Italy at the World Cup in 2010? They're a dangerous 'B' grade side; frankly, they were probably the worst draw other than France and Italy. I think we're all just so happy that we didn't get those two that anything else seems wonderful in comparison :P

Anyone have any predictions for surprise qualifiers? Most of the groups look fairly straightforward for the top two seeds, even barring the odd poor result. You've got to think that Hungary have a shot at finishing above Switzerland and/or Portugal, considering the former's averageness and latter's terrible consistency. You can perm any two from Wales' group; they're lucky to have received a pretty soft draw, but you still wouldn't bet on them to qualify. Even Moldova and Georgia must fancy their chances of making a run at the top two. Poland must be quite pleased with Romania and Denmark as well.

Archived