2018 World Cup Qualifying Draw - 25th July

It was Holland and Norway that finished above us that year, wasn't it? The Dutch side were very good but Norway were abysmal.

That's the one; Norway didn't even come close to making the play-offs, and would've been pumped by any of the other play-off sides anyway, but still beat us home and away. God, that away game :wacko:

Feels like a lifetime ago.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the one; Norway didn't even come close to making the play-offs, and would've been pumped by any of the other play-off sides anyway, but still beat us home and away. God, that away game :wacko:

Feels like a lifetime ago.

We drew 0-0 at home did we not? It was the one with THAT miss.

Although if i remember correctly Craig Gordon made a string of saves that game too.

We drew 0-0 at home did we not? It was the one with THAT miss.

Although if i remember correctly Craig Gordon made a string of saves that game too.

Right, I'm getting mixed up with that horrible 1-0 home defeat from a few years prior. Was working in Glasgow that day, and the city was like a fucking morgue.

Must admit, I'm wondering if there are laddies in Slovenia or Slovakia saying, "Scotland? Quality; it's hoachin' with stunning vagina aching for random boaby!"

In Slovene/Slovak, obviously :P

England-esque luck so far.

You called it. All along all we needed was to be drawn in whatever group England were drawn in.

Hud on though... that implies we're shite :lol:

Think we've lucked out by drawing Slovakia and Slovenia from their respective pots. We've avoided some tough teams from those.

As good a draw as I can remember - we have a great chance. And we'll clearly be up for the two England games.

Archived