When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Antlion said:

What exactly do you mean by "the inside"? She has proposed Brexit priorities from a Scottish perspective and invited the UK government to consider them. You then (finally) admit that Scotland is not an equal partner in this Union by whining that these priorities can be binned by Theresa May and her cabinet, and suggesting instead that Scotland's leader work "inside" something.

I've asked this before one of the last times Rob was saying this. I'd have liked to know, in practical terms, what this influencing from the inside looks like.

Expect some guff about stamping of feet or whatever. You won't get a proper answer.

I've asked this before one of the last times Rob was saying this. I'd have liked to know, in practical terms, what this influencing from the inside looks like.
Expect some guff about stamping of feet or whatever. You won't get a proper answer.

Surely you get a better chance of ordering what's on the menu if you're actually sat at the dining table? We're left with a stark choice of independence outside both the UK and the EU at present?

20 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

My apologies the Gonk reference made me chuckle though.

Think she's got more chance of influence from within, than pacing up and down outside furiously waving her Indy Ref2 Bill?

She's irrelevant at present because the Gov won't involve her whilst she appears to be posturing and mischief making under difficult circumstances for them.

I love the Tartan Gonk Monicker.....Angry Tartan Gonk is more apt.

Not very Statesman like is she. All the Nats who were oh so impressed with her steady performance post Brexit now realise she simply didnae ken whit the f**k to do next.

Now we see that instead of using her status as FM to influence matters she's spitting feathers from the sidelines and looking more desperate to make herself relevant.

She could've played this so much better....

4 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

I'm not 'revelling' in anything, I'm simply suggesting that she might achieve more influence from the inside rather than threatening from the sidelines, that is all.
I guess it was the same argument for many with the bigger picture of Brexit.

The inside of what ? The Tories don't even want parliament to have a vote on the nature of Brexit, if they can get away with it. I'm curious as to how she can argue from 'the inside', join the Torie cabinet ?

9 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Surely you get a better chance of ordering what's on the menu if you're actually sat at the dining table? We're left with a stark choice of independence outside both the UK and the EU at present?

Only you have currency to pay for it. Otherwise your just some fanny sat there hoping for a complementary breadstick. Without control of something, that someone else wants: Money, influence, a promise not to rip your precious unitary state in half, then you are in no position to make demands of anything.

Edited by renton

Rob already pushing the lie independence means us being out of the Eu, as has may too.  It's hilarious to see him panicking and clutching at straws. 

Sturgeon is fm of Scotland.   Scotland voted against brexit,  there is no inside,  her job is to represent Scotland which doesn't want brexit.  She is doing her job. 

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

That's an even shiter effort than I was expecting :lol:

I'll ask once more. Please explain, in practical terms, how Sturgeon "influences from the inside" here. If you find yourself typing out some cringeworthy self-coined proverb, delete it.

3 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I love the Tartan Gonk Monicker.....Angry Tartan Gonk is more apt.

Not very Statesman like is she. All the Nats who were oh so impressed with her steady performance post Brexit now realise she simply didnae ken whit the f**k to do next.

Now we see that instead of using her status as FM to influence matters she's spitting feathers from the sidelines and looking more desperate to make herself relevant.

She could've played this so much better....

Don't think it was just "the Nats" who were impressed with her performance on the weekend tbh.

22 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Maybe it is sabre rattling. But there is no shame in it.

Its keeping a hot blow torch under Mays baws.

Sticking up for the majority of Scots who want nothong to do with the xenophobic narrow minded UK nationalists. Nothing wrong wi that.:)

Although I should imagine all xenophobic , narrow minded UK Nats  presumably including some Scots voted Brexit, not all Brexit voters are thus.

To suggest otherwise is a mixture of  ignorance, stupidity and lies ....which are you guilty of?

1 minute ago, Alan Stubbs said:

That's an even shiter effort than I was expecting :lol:

I'll ask once more. Please explain, in practical terms, how Sturgeon "influences from the inside" here. If you find yourself typing out some cringeworthy self-coined proverb, delete it.

Don't think it was just "the Nats" who were impressed with her performance on the weekend tbh.

I meant immediately after the referendum result. I wasn't that impressed with her at the weekend. Her barely suppressed seething is oh so fucking tedious....And she doesn't  speak for me in the slightest.

16 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Rob already pushing the lie independence means us being out of the Eu, as has may too.  It's hilarious to see him panicking and clutching at straws. 

Sturgeon is fm of Scotland.   Scotland voted against brexit,  there is no inside,  her job is to represent Scotland which doesn't want brexit.  She is doing her job. 

Out of UK = Out of EU

In UK= Out of EU

In UK = Good Times Ahead !

15 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

There are plenty of other dining tables ....

Really?

India has already told May to bolt

Would be very difficult to negotiate an advantageous deal with China, they hold all the aces

Obama said we would be at the back of the queue after brexit. With trump we're not even in the queue, he's already said that post brexit confusion is the ideal time to steal business away from the UK

36 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Really?

India has already told May to bolt

Would be very difficult to negotiate an advantageous deal with China, they hold all the aces

Obama said we would be at the back of the queue after brexit. With trump we're not even in the queue, he's already said that post brexit confusion is the ideal time to steal business away from the UK

Aye but Australia and stuff......