When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Look at this bellend here increased by 20% last time he doesn't think we can manage six.  Lucky you're not in charge.
We wouldn't be starting from scratch though? It's going to be much, much harder to shift people now. It's a fairly entrenched issue.

Add in the fact that a second defeat pretty much wipes it out for a very long time.

We wouldn't be starting from scratch though? It's going to be much, much harder to shift people now. It's a fairly entrenched issue.

Add in the fact that a second defeat pretty much wipes it out for a very long time.

That second point doesn’t influence Pep’s thinking since he’s already acknowledged he’ll bugger off if it’s a No.

40 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

That second point doesn’t influence Pep’s thinking since he’s already acknowledged he’ll bugger off if it’s a No.

If you have a quarter of a brain you realise there's not going to be a chance in five or ten or fifteen years.  It's this parliament or never.

I think both these points are true, which is why it’s so difficult to call for the SNP.

A second Indyref being held now is too close to the last one to be comfortable and is far from ideal. People have entrenched views and we aren’t past the whole SNPbad stage where those who voted no don’t stop foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of the name “Sturgeon”.

That said, it’s very unlikely that we’ll have the unique situation we are in now with Brexit. It’s much less likely that in 10-15 years we’ll have a situation where the government has the opportunity to show such blatant disregard for Scotland and its wishes or interests. I think it’s also the case that it will take that kind of treatment to really move people from no to yes, people won’t listen to the arguments for Indyref if they hate it, so they need to have the case for Indy demonstrated to them by the UK government. RedRob is probably a case in point here (I don’t mean that with any offence to him).

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

That is the big danger.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'd call it in September, it will be a 6month lead(march being ref date); Westminster will be going from clusterfuck to clusterfuck. The state media will have their eye off the ball; and a good positive yes campaign supported by EU will romp home. Now's the time.

I wonder who we should listen to on timing; you or the strategists in the SNP?

Hard choice...

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
I wonder who we should listen to on timing; you or the strategists in the SNP?
Hard choice...

Yet more negativity. Could have... Should have.. Probably story of your life GD

You think you know better than folk far more qualified and informed.  Definitely the story of your life.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:
You think you know better than folk far more qualified and informed.  Definitely the story of your life.

When should it be called then?

I don’t know; I don’t claim to know.  Ideally at the first opportunity when we have a realistic chance of success.

We also have to bear in mind that we need the ‘permission’ of the U.K. government to hold a further referendum.  Whilst that’s unpalatable there is no point ignoring it.  The wrangling over that will also give the unionist establishment plenty of time to crank up project fear II.

One scenario is after a GE with a minority Labour government needing SNP support where we can manipulate the timescale to suit us.

I don’t know; I don’t claim to know.  Ideally at the first opportunity when we have a realistic chance of success.
We also have to bear in mind that we need the ‘permission’ of the U.K. government to hold a further referendum.  Whilst that’s unpalatable there is no point ignoring it.  The wrangling over that will also give the unionist establishment plenty of time to crank up project fear II.
One scenario is after a GE with a minority Labour government needing SNP support where we can manipulate the timescale to suit us.

Problem with this is that if the SNP are seen to be threatening the Corbyn minority government in anyway they will be lambasted as the Tartan Torys. There will also be the huge arguement that Scotland is leading the UK based on propping up a labour government. Arguement of little control, shut up and eat your cereal goes away. If we can't win a referendum now when we have no say whatsoever and are shackled to an absolute brexit mess with the threat of a BoJo prime minister; not to mention a very friendly Scotland EU... We never will
Now is the time...

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:
There is zero chance of a referendum being called this parliament.

Why?

Because the SNP aren't even discussing it.  Because the Growth Commision was an intentional wet blanket thrown on the issue. Because Catalonia has proven that governments can ignore civic nationalism.

3 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

One must always pay heed to the failed lawyer's political (and share purchasing) predictions emoji38.png

It's obviously easier to make daft accusations of me being someone else rather than face up to the fact that Sturgeon has no intention of calling another referendum.

Because the SNP aren't even discussing it.  Because the Growth Commision was an intentional wet blanket thrown on the issue. Because Catalonia has proven that governments can ignore civic nationalism.

If you don't think the SNP aren't discussing it then you are thicker than your financial predictions. But you know fine well they are [emoji6]