When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The union has gave the Scots nothing, if the Scots are such a burden then take off the chains.
If Sturgeon stops playing career politician and steps out of her comfortable shoes.
After winning the GE in Scotland, the very next day she should declare independence. 
Working every month and giving you neighbour your wages to feed you, that's what the union is to Scots.

Top ten countries with the highest per capita debt in the world

1. Japan – $90,345

2. Ireland – $62,687

3. United States – $61,539

4. Italy – $59,372

5. Belgium – $59,680

6. Austria – $49,975

7. France – $51,768

8. Greece – $49,630

9. United Kingdom – $52,816

10. Portugal – $44,819

So what does it mean? 

Japan seems to be a good place to live.

We're constantly being told the US is the greatest country in the world.

UK is 15-ish% better than Ireland but still in the mire with just about everyone else, apparently.

Edited by cyderspaceman

18 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Top ten countries with the highest per capita debt in the world

1. Japan – $90,345

2. Ireland – $62,687

3. United States – $61,539

4. Italy – $59,372

5. Belgium – $59,680

6. Austria – $49,975

7. France – $51,768

8. Greece – $49,630

9. United Kingdom – $52,816

10. Portugal – $44,819

Uk's debt as a percentage of GDP is 85.67%, Ireland's is 62.42%. Don't think the straight $ amount per capita means very much on its own.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-national-debt/

Edited by welshbairn

Ireland? The country that needed a €64Bn bail out just 9 years ago and which has had to pay the UK Government £523m interest on the £3.2Bn loan we gave them to help them out. Is that the standard you want Scotland to achieve? A place where unemployment stands at 5.3% (Sept 2019) as opposed to in the UK 3.8% in the UK (July 2019)? A country with the third highest debt per capita in the world? A debt that equates to nearly €90,000 for every worker in the economy? 
Aye I'm sure that if Scotland ever became Independent we'd be able to match, and possibly even surpass the Irish in the race to the bottom. 
How many billion did the US federal reserve use to bail out Barclays, Loyds and other British banks ?

I'll give you a clue, it's a lot more than 12.6 billion and about 10 times more than 64 billion.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

As soon at the other EU countries stop letting Ireland rob them blind Ireland is fucked. And their GDP figure is inflated by money laundering for American corporations. Also they don't issue their own currency.

Ireland is the ultimate bubble.

😂

As soon at the other EU countries stop letting Ireland rob them blind Ireland is fucked. And their GDP figure is inflated by money laundering for American corporations. Also they don't issue their own currency.

There speaks the voice of authority who had Northern Rock pegged as a stable investment opportunity.

56 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

How many billion did the US federal reserve use to bail out Barclays, Loyds and other British banks ?

I'll give you a clue, it's a lot more than 12.6 billion and about 10 times more than 64 billion.

Today RBS and HBOS is a "British Bank". Fair enough, when it suits your argument...... 

What made me laugh was the fact that a Nationalist would cite a few middle class Irish drunks in a pub in Dublin as proof that Ireland is doing well and is something Scotland should aspire to. 

Leo Varadkar has said many times over that Brexit and a hard border in Ireland will completely f**k his country financially. Yet here daft Nationalistic Scots eye that message up with envious eyes and say "if only we could f**k up our country like Ireland". 

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Hi Malky,

What does the H in HBOS stand for?

Thanks.

Hi Ross. 

I am really glad I couldn't work out how to ignore you. Halifax Bank of Scotland is what HBOS stands for. The companies HQ is at The Mound in Edinburgh. 

It's all UK to me of course so I'm not that fussed. I just love the way Scottish Nationalists like to slide both RBS and HBOS back and forward over the border depending on what argument they are trying to make. 

He's a wee screengrab for you from Companies House website. 

HBOS.PNG

Edited by Malky3

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Hi Ross. 

I am really glad I couldn't work out how to ignore you. Halifax Bank of Scotland is what HBOS stands for. The companies HQ is at The Mound in Edinburgh. 

It's all UK to me of course so I'm not that fussed. I just love the way Scottish Nationalists like to slide both RBS and HBOS back and forward over the border depending on what argument they are trying to make. 

He's a wee screengrab for you from Companies House website. 

HBOS.PNG

Hi Malky. 

Why would Scotland have had to bail out these banks on her own? 

Thanks.

19 hours ago, Malky3 said:

No crash. The economy will continue to grow as it has done since the referendum. 

You've called Brexit a tragedy... yet seem content with how it's going?

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

When does Scotland get back the £500bn it has lost due to being spent elsewhere by England on such nonsense as illegal wars and London infrastructure?

BARNETT FORMULA!

That money paid for itself. In fact, that money created a gift to us from the philanthropic South East of England.