When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

820 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Much as I admire the sentiment......the shite the beds of 2014 mean the onus is on Scots to prove a majority of us do have a spine.
The burden of proof is on us I'm afraid.
If, (due to blonde fascist fearties) this cannot be by way of referendum, then one hopes Scotgov does have a plan B up its sleeve.
Find a way to prove to the UN, EU and indeed Scots courts that 50% + 1 of our citizens support independence then it's game on and the MP's can come home[emoji106]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Really? 

Is that not another case of the pot calling the kettle black? After all the Scottish Nationalists were the ones chasing Jim Murphy around in 2014 calling him a "quisling" amongst many, many other names. 

The most outrageous part of this post is the suggestion that anyone has ever followed Jim Murphy around (when they weren't a paid rentamob) 

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The most outrageous part of this post is the suggestion that anyone has ever followed Jim Murphy around (when they weren't a paid rentamob) 

Did the SNP pay them? 

If that's true did they use taxpayers money - like they do when they fight all those failed legal cases? And did they pay all the relevant taxes and National Insurance? 

Edited by Malky3

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Did the SNP pay them? 

If that's true did they use taxpayers money - like they do when they fight all those failed legal cases? And did they pay all the relevant taxes and National Insurance? 

f**k me, it's no wonder people think you're stupid. 

I wonder how much the illegal closing down and then inevitable rushed forced re-opening of the Westminster parliament cost the country.
Scottish unionists..... Still point and laugh material I am afraid.

We most certainly do point and laugh at the seething, still bitter gullible Nats and their minority views. It’s brilliant.

29 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

I wonder how much the illegal closing down and then inevitable rushed forced re-opening of the Westminster parliament cost the country.

Scottish unionists..... Still point and laugh material I am afraid.

Aye. I'm not sure why he's brought this up again. Does Manky assume that the UK Government incurred no costs whatsoever in taking the Scottish Government to court over the Continuity Bill?

Let's also remember that the Supreme Court held that the Continuity Bill was legal when it was voted through by the Scottish Parliament, but it didn't receive Royal Assent in the normal timescale because of the  legal challenge. The only reason that the UK Government won the case was because they put their own amending legislation through before the case came before the court!

I think we should thank Manky for reminding us of the lengths that the UK Government are willing to go to and the costs that they are willing to incur (on both sides) just to get their own way.

4 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Aye. I'm not sure why he's brought this up again. Does Manky assume that the UK Government incurred no costs whatsoever in taking the Scottish Government to court over the Continuity Bill?

Let's also remember that the Supreme Court held that the Continuity Bill was legal when it was voted through by the Scottish Parliament, but it didn't receive Royal Assent in the normal timescale because of the  legal challenge. The only reason that the UK Government won the case was because they put their own amending legislation through before the case came before the court!

I think we should thank Manky for reminding us of the lengths that the UK Government are willing to go to and the costs that they are willing to incur (on both sides) just to get their own way.

Oh dear! 

Lets get the facts straight on this one. 

http://www.parliament.scot/S5_Finance/General%20Documents/Christopher_McCorkindale_and_Aileen_McHarg_sub.pdf

In particular to this section

However, under section 31(2) of the Scotland Act, the Parliament’s Presiding Officer is also required to make a statement about the legislative competence of the Bill. For the first time in the history of the Scottish Parliament, the Presiding Officer felt unable to agree with the Scottish Government’s conclusion that the Bill was within competence.

The SNP were spoiling for a fight - raised a bill that was outside of the Scottish Parliaments jurisdiction and you recoil in horror when challenged with the cost of the SNP defence of their illegal actions retorting that the Westminster Government would have had costs defending itself from an obvious abuse of power by the SNP! 

Maybe you care to explain why the SNP failed to follow Scottish Parliament rules which state that any expense over £25,000 should be declared within one month of occurring? Why did the Scottish Government delay submission of the spending document by 8 months? 

It's notable as well that the SNP have spent nearly double the money - taxpayers money of course - on this court case than they actually did on their EU Referendum campaign! 

Edited by Malky3

13 hours ago, Malky3 said:

In the news today - apparently the SNP spent £132,000 of Scottish taxpayers money on their failed legal bid last year over the Continuity Bill. Yep, that's right, the party who likes to bemoan the fact that we have so many people using food banks giving yet another huge amount of money to lawyers who are already amongst Scotlands highest earners. 

And then there's a glorious wee snippet where SNP MSP John Mason has announced - via Twitter - that he "will not be speaking up for constituents who want lower taxes, orange marches, keeping Scotland in the UK, etc". As far as I can make out he's the first constituent politicians who has refused to represent the majority of his constituents which surely makes his position untenable. Of course as is often the case with Mr Mason it may just be a poor choice of words, but having been challenged he's refused to retract them, change them or to apologise to his constituency for they way it's come out.  

Mike Rumbles won't represent people who don't agree with him either. I say either, but John Mason hasn't actually said what you're paraphrasing there, he said he wont represent hate groups like the orange order. 

6 hours ago, Malky3 said:

The SNP were spoiling for a fight - raised a bill that was outside of the Scottish Parliaments jurisdiction and you recoil in horror when challenged with the cost of the SNP defence of their illegal actions retorting that the Westminster Government would have had costs defending itself from an obvious abuse of power by the SNP! 

Except that's not what happened. The ruling was that Sct Gov were within their competence at the time, but MacIntoshes intervention allowed Westminster to amend the law in the interim, by which point it became outwith Holyrood's remit. He knew exactly what he was doing, he was wrong. But hey, that's just great eh? Some people need to gie themsels a good shak

11 minutes ago, Scottwat said:

trying to belittle others that don’t agree with your world view

^^^Calls himself Scot Twat. Seeing as you're not going to bother putting your case for the Union I'll add you to my very short ignore list.

3 hours ago, fatshaft said:

Mike Rumbles won't represent people who don't agree with him either. I say either, but John Mason hasn't actually said what you're paraphrasing there, he said he wont represent hate groups like the orange order. 

Not true. He wrote it on Twitter and it was written as I quoted. 

I agree it's probably what he meant but he hasn't yet apologised for any misunderstanding over how he worded it. 

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

The Scottish people voting for the SNP time and time again. Manky and Mintermind love democracy, they must be chuffed about this.

In yet another poll today - Opinium - shows that despite Boris Johnson winning the General Election, despite Brexit and despite his refusal to grant Scotland a 2nd Independence Referendum, support for the SNP hasn't moved. I'm chuffed about that. Scottish Nationalism is still in the minority. 

In yet another poll today - Opinium - shows that despite Boris Johnson winning the General Election, despite Brexit and despite his refusal to grant Scotland a 2nd Independence Referendum, support for the SNP hasn't moved. I'm chuffed about that. Scottish Nationalism is still in the minority. 
Just checked that poll, the SNP vote has risen from 4% to 5% across Britain. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

14 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Just checked that poll, the SNP vote has risen from 4% to 5% across Britain. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Oof, that's a huge swing. What's got to be remembered, is the north east will go yellow once the fisermen get stitched up again by Boris' "deal". So there's still more upside to come.