When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

821 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unionists are in hysterics and weeping angry tears of hate over an imaginary hard border and border guards etc should Scotland become independent.

Meanwhile, a real border is being put in place, with document checks, in Kent, and Unionists just shrug their shoulders.

It's almost as if...

I've only just this week learned that I in fact want border guards at Gretna and hate England despite never holding these opinions at any point in my life. I'm not sure why I think these things but I thank Gincardine for pointing it out to me.

Edited by GiGi

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The idiocy of this post is that it 1. decides government on the basis of distance and 2. regards Scotland as a politically homogeneous.

The first fails the Father Dougal large/far away test as we know parts of Scotland furthest away from London don't want rule from E'burgh and parts of Scotland nearest to E'burgh want to remain in Union.  You Natters simply have no sense of perspective.

The second is a little more invidious.  That you should treat Scotland as a single voting/social/political/economic entity is, I know, the wish of you Natters but this simply is not the case.  Scotland is too complex a place to fit in to your daft wee Natter view of the world.  We learned this when your thesis was tested in the only place that counts - the ballot box in 2014 - and was found wanting.

I know you want to rail against The English and The Tories.  Some Natters want to take it further, even on here, and resort to terrorism to achieve their aim.  It's all pretty pathetic, though.

Border guards at Gretna, eh?

1. Sorry, but it stands to reason that the further away the government, and the more people it has to consider, the more likely that some people (especially those it does not have to rely on to get elected) are going to struggle to have their interests heard.

2. Yes, silly me, I didn't realise that saying there would be a need for further powers given down to local level because it would understand local needs even better was 'treating Scotland as a homogenous bloc'. I thought I was acknowledging areas would have different needs and that people closer to them would understand better what they were.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I've honestly no idea why people still try to debate with this fucking idiot. 

It's the most obvious trolling I've ever seen in all the many years of the interweb. 

I've honestly no idea why people still try to debate with this fucking idiot. 
It's the most obvious trolling I've ever seen in all the many years of the interweb. 

I'm not sure it's even trolling. Why on earth post this pish every night full in the knowledge that it's not winding anyone up, but simply that everyone is laughing at you?

Kincy certainly puts on a show for the gallery, but whether he's trolling or not, it does show that the whole breadth of unionism, from 2012 Olympics type libs to the far right orange supremacists have learned precisely nothing since 2014 and also have no idea how to fix it either. 

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The first fails the Father Dougal large/far away test as we know parts of Scotland furthest away from London don't want rule from E'burgh and parts of Scotland nearest to E'burgh want to remain in Union.  You Natters simply have no sense of perspective.

Silly boy nonsense again.

Bear in mind that one of the main drivers the pro brexiteers used in their Independence from the EU argument is that they did not want to be ruled and their laws determined by a foreign country, yet Scotland has had to put up with this fuckin scenario for centuries but Westminster doesn't see anything wrong with this, which is ironic.

What a fuckin joke, Brussels can't tell us what to do but we can do what we like with Scotland.

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Silly boy nonsense again.

Bear in mind that one of the main drivers the pro brexiteers used in their Independence from the EU argument is that they did not want to be ruled and their laws determined by a foreign country, yet Scotland has had to put up with this fuckin scenario for centuries but Westminster doesn't see anything wrong with this, which is ironic.

What a fuckin joke, Brussels can't tell us what to do but we can do what we like with Scotland.

The motherland tells little nations what to do. She doesn’t get told what to do by anyone - especially not frogs, krauts, and Polacks. 

Such is the mindset of the UK loyalist.