When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

People who refer to the sea in this way need to develop new patter urgently. 

That's a really weak attempt at a comeback because you feel it's aimed at people like you. Maybe you should head back to the shallow end.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ego doesn't remotely carry the same pejorative sense as nippy sweetie.

I'm sorry you can't see how words have the power to cause great harm and to shape how we see the world. They do they, and you're just plain wrong. 

Says the atheist that calls catholics beadrattlers then doubles down when called out for it. 

Absolutley mental behaviour. 

Gordon logic - Gendered insult against leader of the country = Bad. 

Anti catholic slur = Okay. 

Edited by Stormzy

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ego doesn't remotely carry the same pejorative sense as nippy sweetie.

I'm sorry you can't see how words have the power to cause great harm and to shape how we see the world. They do they, and you're just plain wrong. 

You have the monopoly on wisdom when it comes to the use of language within the human societal construct? I see. 

What are your credentials?

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That's a really weak attempt at a comeback because you feel it's aimed at people like you. Maybe you should head back to the shallow end.

It’s not aimed at people like me. I don’t use pejorative gendered language. I simply don’t care very much if others do. I have no interest in policing the words of others.

Pure arguing on a fitba forum and wanting you to post a link to your google scholar page with its 18 highly cited monographs about the krankies

Tbf, I love giving vague hunches then shouting down anyone else who does the same but with an opinion I think is wrong

6 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yep - they need to get a life.

Tends to be people in the public service. Must be all the diversity training.

We public sector employees have to do mandatory diversity and equality training on an annual basis in case we forget. It’s great.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

I also dislike that ‘get in the sea’ patter. Not sure where it came from but I’ve never taken to it. What does it even mean? Do you want to drown people?

Nippy Nicola being misogynistic?  Asked my wife why she uses the phrase and got told it was the way she delivers her lectures.

I'm sure if her name was Claire it would be Condescending Claire or other similar adjectives.

Given the general venom shown towards any Torys on here, the "I'm sorry you can't see how words have the power to cause great harm and to shape how we see the world. ".  doesn't really hold up to scrutiny.

I don't like the Krankie reference because it's describing her based on her appearance which is a bit low IMO. As for Nippy? It's just a bit of shite alliteration, no? It's monotonous how much it's used.

Having done a quick Google search, here's what Sturgeon herself has said on the name.

'“But here’s the real nub and here’s the trap for women. You find yourself emulating the traits that in men are seen as strengths. Then you quickly realise that in women they are not seen as strengths. So the male politician who’s very assertive, aggressive and adversarial is a great, strong leader. A woman is bossy and strident – a nippy sweetie as they used to call me.”'

Didn't even think of nippy sweetie tbf.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't like the Krankie reference because it's describing her based on her appearance which is a bit low IMO. As for Nippy? It's just a bit of shite alliteration, no? It's monotonous how much it's used.

Having done a quick Google search, here's what Sturgeon herself has said on the name.

'“But here’s the real nub and here’s the trap for women. You find yourself emulating the traits that in men are seen as strengths. Then you quickly realise that in women they are not seen as strengths. So the male politician who’s very assertive, aggressive and adversarial is a great, strong leader. A woman is bossy and strident – a nippy sweetie as they used to call me.”'

Didn't even think of nippy sweetie tbf.

Indeed, it's the level of discourse from those that have inherent advantage that is bothersome. For them then to deflect their Eddie Booth like behaviour on diversity is interesting.

I also dislike that ‘get in the sea’ patter. Not sure where it came from but I’ve never taken to it. What does it even mean? Do you want to drown people?

Bob Mortimer’s shit and untalented friend Andy Dawson wrote a book about things that should get in the sea IIRC.

50% of online misogynistic abuse comes from women - is your reference to your wife in some way intended to imply because a woman says it that it couldn't be sexist?
My wife is pretty openly sexist. She doesnt think womens golf or football should exist. I dont know why, just switch to screensaver mode whenever it comes up tbh.

I suspect probably she doesnt believe there is an issue with womens rights, having never been aware of encountering one herself.

17 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

50% of online misogynistic abuse comes from women - is your reference to your wife in some way intended to imply because a woman says it that it couldn't be sexist?

Funnily enough, my wife is much more prejudiced than me which is saying something.

She hates female commentators on tennis and football. She can’t see why women are commentating on men’s football when they have their own game?

On tennis she loves McEnroe and Becker and the Scottish chap.

Regarding Sturgeon, first sound of her voice, the tv’s off.

51 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Funnily enough, my wife is much more prejudiced than me which is saying something

Does this bit not make you reevaluate your views if you know exactly how prejudiced they are?

I mean, if I held a view and then thought “hmm, that’s a really racist view I hold”, I’d probably have a serious think about it and what kind of person I am.

Also, your wife sounds like a dreadful human being. 

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Does this bit not make you reevaluate your views if you know exactly how prejudiced they are?

I mean, if I held a view and then thought “hmm, that’s a really racist view I hold”, I’d probably have a serious think about it and what kind of person I am.

Also, your wife sounds like a dreadful human being. 

My wife’s brilliant.

Its a strange person that doesn’t have prejudices (a robot).

Its likes and dislikes, prejudices if you like, which make humans distinct and interesting.

I have lots of prejudices but I don’t allow them to make me break the law.

You don’t sound terribly interesting but , hey, none of my business.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

My wife is pretty openly sexist. She doesnt think womens golf or football should exist. I dont know why, just switch to screensaver mode whenever it comes up tbh.

In a professional/competitive sense or like just outright Saudi Arabia type illegal to kick a ball ?

3 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

In a professional/competitive sense or like just outright Saudi Arabia type illegal to kick a ball ?

I think its when it impinges on her consciousness by being on TV and the like. Wee lassies playing football at the school doesnt seem to provoke this odd reflex. Although golfers seem to get it worst.... 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I think its when it impinges on her consciousness by being on TV and the like. Wee lassies playing football at the school doesnt seem to provoke this odd reflex. Although golfers seem to get it worst.... 

Maybe she just hasn’t  seen a decent wood in a wee while.