When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50% of online misogynistic abuse comes from women - is your reference to your wife in some way intended to imply because a woman says it that it couldn't be sexist?
My wife is pretty openly sexist. She doesnt think womens golf or football should exist. I dont know why, just switch to screensaver mode whenever it comes up tbh.

I suspect probably she doesnt believe there is an issue with womens rights, having never been aware of encountering one herself.

17 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

50% of online misogynistic abuse comes from women - is your reference to your wife in some way intended to imply because a woman says it that it couldn't be sexist?

Funnily enough, my wife is much more prejudiced than me which is saying something.

She hates female commentators on tennis and football. She can’t see why women are commentating on men’s football when they have their own game?

On tennis she loves McEnroe and Becker and the Scottish chap.

Regarding Sturgeon, first sound of her voice, the tv’s off.

51 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Funnily enough, my wife is much more prejudiced than me which is saying something

Does this bit not make you reevaluate your views if you know exactly how prejudiced they are?

I mean, if I held a view and then thought “hmm, that’s a really racist view I hold”, I’d probably have a serious think about it and what kind of person I am.

Also, your wife sounds like a dreadful human being. 

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Does this bit not make you reevaluate your views if you know exactly how prejudiced they are?

I mean, if I held a view and then thought “hmm, that’s a really racist view I hold”, I’d probably have a serious think about it and what kind of person I am.

My wife’s brilliant.

Its a strange person that doesn’t have prejudices (a robot).

Its likes and dislikes, prejudices if you like, which make humans distinct and interesting.

I have lots of prejudices but I don’t allow them to make me break the law.

You don’t sound terribly interesting but , hey, none of my business.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

My wife is pretty openly sexist. She doesnt think womens golf or football should exist. I dont know why, just switch to screensaver mode whenever it comes up tbh.

In a professional/competitive sense or like just outright Saudi Arabia type illegal to kick a ball ?

3 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

In a professional/competitive sense or like just outright Saudi Arabia type illegal to kick a ball ?

I think its when it impinges on her consciousness by being on TV and the like. Wee lassies playing football at the school doesnt seem to provoke this odd reflex. Although golfers seem to get it worst.... 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I think its when it impinges on her consciousness by being on TV and the like. Wee lassies playing football at the school doesnt seem to provoke this odd reflex. Although golfers seem to get it worst.... 

Maybe she just hasn’t  seen a decent wood in a wee while.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Bob Mortimer’s shit and untalented friend Andy Dawson wrote a book about things that should get in the sea IIRC.

And yet he never turned up on Mortimer and Whitehouse Go Fishing.

19 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

If someone could tell me the correct derogatory term for the current First Minister, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Littlejohn in the Daily Mail has some good ones for politicians

NS - wee burney

Theresa May - mother Theresa or ‘the maybot’.

Keir Starmer - Max Headrom

Thats all I can recall at the moment

27 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Littlejohn in the Daily Mail has some good ones for politicians

NS - wee burney

Theresa May - mother Theresa or ‘the maybot’.

Keir Starmer - Max Headrom

Thats all I can recall at the moment

Littlejohn: politics of the 1930s, banter c/o the 1980s.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Saying that about someone's wife says a lot about what type of person you are.

I worked that out quite quickly anyway.

5 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Saying that about someone's wife says a lot about what type of person you are.

I worked that out quite quickly anyway.

Cheers for that, but as I said previously, I’m not in the least bit interested in conversing with you. 

However, if I’m ever looking for a sexist c**t to critique my character, I’ll give you a shout x

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Cheers for that, but as I said previously, I’m not in the least bit interested in conversing with you. 

However, if I’m ever looking for a sexist c**t to critique my character, I’ll give you a shout x

You just have conversed with me. 👍😎

And you love to red dot every post I make. 👍😎

Sexist c**t, ha ha 😂. 👍😎

I wont lower myself to call you names. 

I will leave it to others to think what they want about you seeing that you comment on other people wifes. 👍

4 hours ago, TAFKAM said:

No, it's simply because she calls her Nippy.  I am however getting rather confused here where black people can't be racist towards black people but women can be misogynistic. Can someone write me down a list of what is and isn't possible/allowed in todays society as I am sure I am not the only one that can't keep up.

f**k it, I'll just cancel myself and be done with it.

25 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

I'll read it again when you're honest about just how confusing you actually find it all ;)

I don't think it is just me tbh - https://bectu.org.uk/news/black-bame-or-people-of-colour-whats-in-a-name/

From the Law Society

People of Colour

This is primarily used in the USA and has not been fully adopted within the UK although it has become more popular.

Some perceive it as a more positive term than BAME/BME because it does not assume or make reference to a majority White race. However, others see it as similarly problematic as BAME or BME, in that it groups together people of great ethnic diversity and different shared experiences and identities.

A Black women -  I am no ‘person of colour’, I am a black African woman | The Independent | The Independent or Kindly Call Me Black. We have to stop promoting ‘color… | by Bridgette L. Hylton | Human Parts (medium.com) meanwhile - Don’t call me ‘Black’ there is nothing black about me! - Petitions (parliament.uk)

or the WP - https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/02/people-color-are-protesting-heres-what-you-need-know-about-this-new-identity/

How about using BAME - 'Don't call me BAME': Why some people are rejecting the term - BBC NewsIf you’re serious about anti-racism, you need to stop using the term ‘BAME’ | The Independent | The Independent

It appears that there are two sides to the use of just about every term for black (or should that be Black) people.  So yes I do find it confusing, I will await one of the inteligentny to respond and tell me how each random grouping of people sharing the same attributes should be addressed.