When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

820 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Theres anti-englishness in the Yes movement and within SNP but its not widespread. All political party's and political movements attract complete roasters to some extent. 

Some political parties even have leaders who have described the Scots as "verminous". 

Some random arsehole holding anti English banners or indeed views is reprehensible. 

There are footballers being charged with bringing the game into disrepute for stuff they wrote as kids. Get the PM hauled up - he's a racist moron. 

17 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

And you’re too thick to acknowledge that there’s a racism problem within the yes movement. No doubt, it’s the “acceptable” type of racism that the yessers peddle.

Jim Sillars was in quoted in the papers last week expressing concern about Anglophobia within the SNP.  I posted the article which was, of course, rubbished by the resident ScotchNats and Mr Sillars was 'othered' as they do with anyone who despises their squalid little movement.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Jim Sillars was in quoted in the papers last week expressing concern about Anglophobia within the SNP.  I posted the article which was, of course, rubbished by the resident ScotchNats and Mr Sillars was 'othered' as they do with anyone who despises their squalid little movement.

You kidding Shirley?

He was the biggest Anglophobe under the sun back in his day.

I believe in independence for Scotland. 

I freely admit to being anglophobic.  This is why. 

Since the treaty of union, England has imposed itself upon my country. It has slowly been destroying my culture and language to such an extent that my language has been replaced in schools for many years by a foreign tongue. Scots or Gaelic was not taught at my school.  Language is the basis of every nation and English has replaced Scots as the main language in Scotland, especially among the middle classes. One of the first tasks of a coloniser is to change the native language. 

In the 2014 independence referendum native Scots voted Yes to independence, it was EU and other nationals that mainly voted no. This is why the question and franchise for any future referendum on restoring Scotlands independence must be entirely made in Scotland and with UN supervision. There must be a change in question to make the union the contentious issue not independence which is normal.  And a change in who can vote, not everybody as per the last referendum, there must be criteria to be met. Other countries do not allow foreign nationals to vote on constitutional issues, why does Scotland have to?

Many people from ruk are settling in Scotland and are outbidding native Scots for homes.  They choose to live here for the benefits that a devolved nation gives, but will never vote for independence.  

If this was the other way around and happening in England, do you really believe that it would be accepted?  

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Mind that time you were caught sharing Tweets from a racist extremist so vile Twitter swiftly deleted his account? You don’t really have much of a leg to stand on pretending you object to racism.

Since the treaty of union, England has imposed itself upon my country. It has slowly been destroying my culture and language to such an extent that my language has been replaced in schools for many years by a foreign tongue. Scots or Gaelic was not taught at my school.  Language is the basis of every nation and English has replaced Scots as the main language in Scotland, especially among the middle classes. One of the first tasks of a coloniser is to change the native language. 
In the 2014 independence referendum native Scots voted Yes to independence, it was EU and other nationals that mainly voted no. This is why the question and franchise for any future referendum on restoring Scotlands independence must be entirely made in Scotland and with UN supervision. There must be a change in question to make the union the contentious issue not independence which is normal.  And a change in who can vote, not everybody as per the last referendum, there must be criteria to be met. Other countries do not allow foreign nationals to vote on constitutional issues, why does Scotland have to?
Many people from ruk are settling in Scotland and are outbidding native Scots for homes.  They choose to live here for the benefits that a devolved nation gives, but will never vote for independence.  
If this was the other way around and happening in England, do you really believe that it would be accepted?  

This is fooling no one [emoji23]

It is not my intention to fool anyone. I am only pointing out the fact that Scotland is still today an independent nation, that has Scots as its natives. 

The treaty of union was a declaration between 2 countries, the Scottish parliament was suspended and the English parliament in Westminster became the UK parliament. Which effectively made it the English parliament. 

Now that the Scottish parliament has been reconvened, it is simply a matter that our msps assert their authority as representatives of the Scottish people and declare independence. The SNP/Green alliance makes no difference to the election result in May, it was already a pro independence parliament. What are we going to do about it though?

3 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

Didn’t read.

8 hours ago, HTG said:

Some political parties even have leaders who have described the Scots as "verminous". 

Some random arsehole holding anti English banners or indeed views is reprehensible. 

There are footballers being charged with bringing the game into disrepute for stuff they wrote as kids. Get the PM hauled up - he's a racist moron. 

We have the worst British Prime Minister in history who apparently referred to us Scots as verminous, yet separatists can’t make any progress in the Indy polls. If you can’t make headway with this goon at the helm….you never will.

2 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

it is simply a matter that our msps assert their authority as representatives of the Scottish people and declare independence. 

No idea why Nippy doesn't do this.  'Mon the UDI.

27 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

We have the worst British Prime Minister in history who apparently referred to us Scots as verminous, yet separatists can’t make any progress in the Indy polls. If you can’t make headway with this goon at the helm….you never will.

Yes we do indeed.  Boris is a buffoon and an embarrassment.

The salient truth is that Nippy's regional administration is even less competent.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No.

But how can that be? You’re a die-hard UK nationalist, ergo you must worship at the altar of the Natter-in-chief and Grand Wizard of Grievance Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. As you’ve so persistently maintained, Natterism is a cult of gonks, led by gonks; unless you’re a splitter, you must bow before the Supreme Red-White-and-Blue Gonk. 🇬🇧