When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Is this some sort of meaningless phrase you picked up along the way?  How, exactly, does it relate to our conversation?

Sigh....more pertinent perhaps would be for you to explain your apparent belief that democracy in Scotland was ended on the 19th September 2014.

1 minute ago, git-intae-thum said:

Sigh....more pertinent perhaps would be for you to explain your apparent belief that democracy in Scotland was ended on the 19th September 2014.

Hm?  Start by talking us through the British Nationalist bollocks.

You won't be able to.

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Me?  Rambling?

You want the recent plebiscite rerun because you didn't like the result - yet bang on about democracy.

I'll want it rerun if the electorate in Scotland fucking well want it rerun. We'll see in May.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You won't be able to.

You are using the term as if it is a pejorative phrase.

It needn't be. It's simply a descriptive referring to a belief in the constitutional position that Britain is/ should remain a nation state......in much the same vein as a Scottish nationalist believes likewise for Scotland.

What's the problem? 

Ok. Your turn. Why do you think democracy in Scotland ended in September 2014?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're always a very angry wee man.

Mind you, if I was so cursed as to be a daft ScotchNat I'd be angry too.

I'll only be angry if democracy is denied to Scotland after May's election and you'll continue your horrible anti Scottish tirades at silly hours.

1 minute ago, git-intae-thum said:

You are using the term as if it is a pejorative phrase.

It needn't be. It's simply a descriptive referring to a belief in the constitutional position that Britain is/ should remain a nation state.

I think that trying to partition a country along ethno-nationalist lines is abhorrent and that those who support it are beyond the pale.

That Dim Dave Cameron gave credence to this idea was bad enough.  Trying to repeat it makes it even worse.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You missed 'The Caledonian Transnistria'

I also missed Glengarries but your wee catchphrases are numerous. You should cut a few of them to really get the rest of them across.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Me?  Rambling?

You want the recent plebiscite rerun because you didn't like the result - yet bang on about democracy.

Is this some sort of meaningless phrase you picked up along the way?  How, exactly, does it relate to our conversation?

You won't be able to.

You're always a very angry wee man.

Mind you, if I was so cursed as to be a daft ScotchNat I'd be angry too.

I think that trying to partition a country along ethno-nationalist lines is abhorrent and that those who support it are beyond the pale.

That Dim Dave Cameron gave credence to this idea was bad enough.  Trying to repeat it makes it even worse.

You're always angry.

You missed 'The Caledonian Transnistria'

You could almost measure the remaining volume in whatever bottle of cheap shite he was drinking last night by the deteriorating quality of his posts. What a fucking shambles of an individual 😂

I like to think that I am one of the less “aggressive” yes voters whereby i can listen to the other side. I can also see fault with the SNP. However, i cant see how any unionist can deny that brexit didnt constitute a significant change whereby a second referendum could be held.

Additionally, if the SNP get a majority in may then this is also an indication that scotland wants independence and it would be undemocratic to deny this.

7 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I like to think that I am one of the less “aggressive” yes voters whereby i can listen to the other side. I can also see fault with the SNP. However, i cant see how any unionist can deny that brexit didnt constitute a significant change whereby a second referendum could be held.

Additionally, if the SNP get a majority in may then this is also an indication that scotland wants independence and it would be undemocratic to deny this.

Agreed. After the election in May, we could potentially have a situation where:

1. SNP elected with an outright majority
  2. Pro Independence parties secure over 50% of votes cast
  3. Almost weekly polls showing a pro-Independence majority

To deny a referendum would be undemocratic. Ignoring brain dead trolls like Kincy's rubbish about "re-running 2014 because we didn't like the result" and similarly uneducated drivel, it is quite obvious that a material change in circumstances has taken place since the 2014 referendum with  Brexit. Self-loathing arseholes crying about the 2014 result "not being respected" should have their opinions neatly filed in the bin. 

Just now, Aufc said:

Agree with this but it is a pro independence majority that should be required. However if the SNP fail to get a majority then it will make it easier for Boris to say no.

I think he'll say no anyway but an SNP majority, with a few pro indy green seats for good measure will really pile on the pressure.

The months after May will be interesting for sure.

Agree with this but it is a pro independence majority that should be required. However if the SNP fail to get a majority then it will make it easier for Boris to say no.
I think he'll say no anyway but an SNP majority, with a few pro indy green seats for good measure will really pile on the pressure.
The months after May will be interesting for sure.

But the only way to have an independence majority is to have a vote. I dont believe the polls are a fajr representation as these can easily manipulated. A majority for snp in may is the best indication. That doesnt mean the majority want the snp as, within that, there be people who see the SNP as a means to an end

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

It is a significant change that people were aware was a possibility in 2014 yet they still chose to vote for No at the time and vote as a block group going forward. 

The basic counter point to that is  - "the Toaries said wed stay in Europe" -

I'm yet to find one poster that voted No  to secure Scotlands place at the EU, it's funnily enough again only people that want referendums til they get the answer they want that say people were duped over Brexit, they all managed to avoid being duped right enough just not this mythical significant portion of people that swayed the vote.. 🙃

Also anecdotally speaking everyone I know IRL that voted Remain, pretty much everyone I know, would also vote No to Scottish Independence, the idea that these two are interchangeable is again only used by people that have always voted Yes. There's no significant demand from No voters that think this is material change enough, if there was then this ide would have a lot more credibility considering if you truly wanted Scottish Independence you weren't exactly going to give up in 2014 or just wait a generation, you were always going to agitate for a second referendum, Brexit was the bus that came along to keep your journey alive even if it is being disingenuous, I understand why people do it though, it would be fairly depressing for them to have just accepted the 2014 result forever.

Edited by Stormzy

It is a significant change that people were aware was a possibility in 2014 yet they still chose to vote for No at the time and vote as a block group going forward. 
The basic counter point to that is  - "the Toaries said wed stay in Europe" -
I'm yet to find one poster that voted No  to secure Scotlands place at the EU, it's funnily enough again only people that want referendums til they get the answer they want that say people were duped over Brexit, they all managed to avoid being duped right enough just not this mythical significant portion of people that swayed the vote.. [emoji854]
Also anecdotally speaking everyone I know IRL that voted Remain, pretty much everyone I know, would also vote No to Scottish Independence, the idea that these two are interchangeable is again only used by people that have always voted Yes. There's no significant demand from No voters that think this is material change enough, if there was then this ide would have a lot more credibility considering if you truly wanted Scottish Independence you weren't exactly going to give up in 2014 or just wait a generation, you were always going to agitate for a second referendum, Brexit was the bus that came along to keep your journey alive even if it is being disingenuous, I understand why people do it though, it would be fairly depressing for them to have just accepted the 2014 result forever.

Was brexit a thing around the scottish independence debate? I dont think it was.

I actually voted no last time but now feel we can do better than just living in Westminster’s shadow. I agree there will be a difficult period but no reason why we cant thrive.

Everyone i know voted remain (none of my friends are thick c***s) and the majority of them voted yes. Everyone will have same anecdotal evidence based on how they vote.

I dont think anyone is saying they are interchangeable but the simple fact is that Scotland voted to remain part of the EU but were taken out because they were part of the UK.