When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m a bit worried about the otherwise well informed posters on here who have never heard of ‘Dundee Law’ as it will form the basis of the legal system in an Independent Scotland.

Its all a bit futile IMO.
The full weight of the establishment/UK Media will come down again.
Until polling is pretty comfortably Yes, it isn't going to happen.
Unless there's an Ace up the sleeve somewhere.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

After the last 2 years, we really ought to be immediately sceptical when we see anyone use the word "expert" in any industry or profession.

Beginning to think there's no such thing.

Cherry beer? Hit me up.

3 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

I imagine EU citizens who have stayed in Scotland will be heavily pro Indy now as opposed to 2014. 

Will they be allowed to vote? They couldn't in the EU referendum, can the ukgov do that again? 

I wouldn't put anything past this conservative government.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

After the last 2 years, we really ought to be immediately sceptical when we see anyone use the word "expert" in any industry or profession.

Beginning to think there's no such thing.

Not just "industry experts" they will roll out loads of secretly funded think tank guests to back up these shite spouting experts.

Just now, GTG_03 said:

Will they be allowed to vote? They couldn't in the EU referendum, can the ukgov do that again? 

I wouldn't put anything past this conservative government.

They were allowed to vote in the Indy ref. Don’t see why not this time. 16-18 year old too hopefully! 

4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

They were allowed to vote in the Indy ref. Don’t see why not this time. 16-18 year old too hopefully! 

Because the ukgov know they'll be majority yes. If they can prevent them voting then I think they will.

32 minutes ago, Richie said:

Its all a bit futile IMO.
The full weight of the establishment/UK Media will come down again.
Until polling is pretty comfortably Yes, it isn't going to happen.
Unless there's an Ace up the sleeve somewhere.

There is no ace.

Today was a masterclass in kicking the can down the road.  Said with conviction and aplomb.

Sturgeon has extended her time in office and the daft wee NatWits have more opportunities to garb up in military outfits and wield claymores around.

That suits both of them.

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is no ace.

Today was a masterclass in kicking the can down the road.  Said with conviction and aplomb.

Sturgeon has extended her time in office and the daft wee NatWits have more opportunities to garb up in military outfits and wield claymores around.

That suits both of them.

It's clever in the sense that if, as expected the supreme Court deems it not legal, it gives the SNP a free hit to make the GE on independence and not the SNP's record in office.

Equally the more the ukgov push back the worse they make it. The best bet for the Unionists is get a referendum as soon as possible and settle it once and for all.

Whether the unionists have the ability to fight for the union on two fronts, Scotland and Ireland is up for debate. Rolling out JRM, Johnson or Raab is not going to convince anyone. 

What is lost on most arguing against independence is that independence and the SNP are not one in the same. A lot, if not even the majority, I'd argue, of people who vote SNP are doing so primarily because of independence. If you really want the SNP out, ironically independence is the best route to go. 

35 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Was it not the case that they believed people who were EU citizens were the ones who voted no the strongest (besides the staunch types) because of fears they would be sent packing or whatever labour were telling them on the door steps? 

I think I'd be a bit more enthused about independence if there was any evidence of a genuine left-wing political movement developing in Scotland. Unfortunately, the Scottish left is completely moribund. So I'm not sure I really foresee the radical transformation in Scotland's prospects that others do.

37 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is no ace.

That suits both of them.

Don't know why anyone is red dotting this. 

When people are in winning positions they don't hand out concessions and downplay their own hand.

If this was a confident strategy they wouldn't have already dropped the spoiler that when they lose the SC battle they'll blame it on Westminster and have another GE advocating unrealistic propositions. 

10 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

It's clever in the sense that if, as expected the supreme Court deems it not legal, it gives the SNP a free hit to make the GE on independence and not the SNP's record in office.

Equally the more the ukgov push back the worse they make it. The best bet for the Unionists is get a referendum as soon as possible and settle it once and for all.

Whether the unionists have the ability to fight for the union on two fronts, Scotland and Ireland is up for debate. Rolling out JRM, Johnson or Raab is not going to convince anyone. 

What is lost on most arguing against independence is that independence and the SNP are not one in the same. A lot, if not even the majority, I'd argue, of people who vote SNP are doing so primarily because of independence. If you really want the SNP out, ironically independence is the best route to go. 

I don't know how people keep buying these magic beans. 

If the courts rule Westminster has the authority over holding proper referendums then no matter what happens in the GE if the SNP were to get a majority they would still need Westminster authority. Neither Keir or whoever is leading the Tories would back this especially after a court ruling. 

This was effectively another publicity stunt where the end product seemed to be "If Westminster doesn't give the go ahead we'll continue to blame them for our own inadequacies as we've been doing for the past 10 years"

Perhaps a bold unpopular opinion but if the above happens and the SNP fight the next GE solely on Indy they'll lose seats.