When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia,  Slovakia, Malta

So not all of them and only those who wish so.

TBH, I don't give a flying fig about currency. I use the Euro, mostly, when in the EU and it's a pain to have to change when in Sweden, Denmark, Poland or the Czech Rep.

The EU want us though, that much is clear. Get indy, then we stay in. Good.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independent-scotland-would-fast-tracked-9798523#ICID=sharebar_twitter

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

The EU want us though, that much is clear. Get indy, then we stay in. Good.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independent-scotland-would-fast-tracked-9798523#ICID=sharebar_twitter

No fast-track, just the normal accession process.

"I think, had Scotland achieved independence, there would be no reason why it would not be accepted into the normal accession process."

She added: "I think, obviously, there are some things that would facilitate that process, namely that Scotland would at a previous point have been aligned with the European acquis.

So it would have a familiarity with European processes, it would probably still have on its statute books a fair amount of European rules, which would mean it was starting from a point different from other applicant countries, who normally have to go through the entire process of aligning their rules with European rules."

So nothing new there. The issue not if but when an independent Scotland could join the EU.

There is still a huge amount of legislation that would need to be passed by Holyrood to comply with all the chapters of the acquis. 

An independent Scotland will also need to establish its own Government and regulatory bodies (e.g. central bank) to replace their British equivalents.

Page after page of this pish.

It's a nothing issue. If Scotland wants in the EU it'll get in the EU, if Scotland wants to come out of the EU we could do that too.

In fact we could do whatever the f**k we wanted.

I'd love to see what it would be like to live in a country that shaped itself the way the people chose. I cannot actually explain how strongly I feel about that.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's a nothing issue. If Scotland wants in the EU it'll get in the EU, if Scotland wants to come out of the EU we could do that too.

I'd love to see what it would be like to live in a country that shaped itself the way the people chose. I cannot actually explain how strongly I feel about that.

This is how it is. How can you not be excited about shaping your own country. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Democracy? What a novel concept. 

17 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

No fast-track, just the normal accession process.

"I think, had Scotland achieved independence, there would be no reason why it would not be accepted into the normal accession process."

She added: "I think, obviously, there are some things that would facilitate that process, namely that Scotland would at a previous point have been aligned with the European acquis.

So it would have a familiarity with European processes, it would probably still have on its statute books a fair amount of European rules, which would mean it was starting from a point different from other applicant countries, who normally have to go through the entire process of aligning their rules with European rules."

So nothing new there. The issue not if but when an independent Scotland could join the EU.

There is still a huge amount of legislation that would need to be passed by Holyrood to comply with all the chapters of the acquis. 

An independent Scotland will also need to establish its own Government and regulatory bodies (e.g. central bank) to replace their British equivalents.

I've no doubt that "fast-track" is not a recognised process within the EU terms of membership, it's really just a handy phrase that people will use to describe a process of quick, un-obstructed access where others are held to a tightly measured and constrained set of criteria.

Kind of like "jumping a queue" to quote your good self.

I think that we're getting to a point of consensus.

Edited by Shades75

2 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

I've no doubt that "fast-track" is not a recognised process within the EU terms of membership, it's really just a handy phrase that people will use to describe a process of quick, un-obstructed access where others are held to a tightly measured and constrained set of criteria.

Kind of like "jumping a queue" to quote your good self.

I think that we're getting to a point of consensus.

The Eurocrats would not like that phrase. ;) Scotland would be able to close certain chapters of the acquis quicker than the other applicants.

I just hope that the SNP don't go back to peddling Salmond's White Paper myth that Scotland can join or stay in the EU on Independence Day.

Bishop Briggs just panicked at the prospect of Scotland joining the EU in the event of independence and is flapping pretty wildly.

Oh. And statements like "every no voter is a shitebag" is no better than the shite that the Yoon trolls on here come away with.

It's scary how quickly the project fear campaign has kicked in all over the UK mainstream media.

Someone pointed it out earlier but it's a bizarre situation to find ourselves in, if only we had a neutral Scottish channel that gave the country information and stories.

A proper informative debate based on proper facts and figures would make for a pretty enjoyable experience in my opinion.

I'd also be a lot happier, infact perfectly content with the outcome, regardless of whether my side won or not.

When the facts and figures presented by the MSM are skewed to suit the Unionist argument (let's face it that's what happens) it makes it tough to take.

Fighting an uphill battle and I think that's a good thing and a bad thing, it's made the Yes side more resilient in my opinion. Bad side is that it also obviously make the task of winning people over so much harder.

My grandparents, both No in the last campaign, now passed away sadly, would not listen to a single word I had to say to them, basically because I wasn't a MSM source.

Telegraph = gospel. Everyone else = talking out their arse.

Since 12 noon today it has really hit home once again at how hard a task this is going to be for YES.

Frustrating.

Bulgaria, Romania, Denmark, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary are all EU members who use their own domestic currency, so the assertion that it is a condition of entry is false.
I think the terminology may be 'ready to adopt the Euro' but it doesn't quite make the jump to 'must adopt the Euro'

A mate who voted yes, that voted for Brexit, has tonight said he'd be returning to a yes vote, and wants us in the EU, he admitted he fell for the leave campaigns bullshit.

He's also persuaded his no voting missus to vote yes.

I do know of a few No voters who, after the Brexit decision, said they'd certainly reconsider if Indy Ref 2 occurred. They're still leaning towards No though, purely because there's still so much uncertainty and they felt alienated last time. 

There's still a misconception that Yes is some sort of youth rebellion movement. I'd say that has to be addressed as well.