When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When you stop posting in the style of a fucking Warlord comic book I might take you semi-seriously.

I loved the Warlord had a Peter Flint club wallet with membership card the works. "The games over for you Fritz ! " etc etc. That said politically i was more aligned with The Victor". "The games over for you Tojo ! " etc etc. Jings Im welling up here.

4 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Hahaha, almost laughable, that’s some thrashing around there. Still doesn’t answer the question though.
Despite the British government’s current woes, the thirst for a 2nd Ref in Scotland is on the wane. It speaks volumes with regards to the lack of confidence that most of us have in the current stewardship at Holyrood doesn’t it?
Your right though on one thing though, ya cannae whack a good flute band! emoji6.png

I've still to hear one. I've always assumed when they're fucking about in Bridgeton at all hours it is because they need the practice. Heard one today when I was at the West Brewery. Pish.

On 3/22/2018 at 13:49, Peppino Impastato said:

Are corporation taxes paid by whisky (100% produced in Scotland) attributed to Scotland when the company is hqd in London?

You seem to like asking questions let's see you answer some.

Yes.  GERS corporation tax is based on economic activity in Scotland, not where the company HQ is.   A quick glance at the GERS methodology would have answered this question for you.

In general, GERS apportions a share of UK revenues from corporation taxes based on the economic activity undertaken in Scotland and not the location of companies’ headquarters. Public corporations’ and North Sea corporation tax revenues are excluded from the analysis and are apportioned to Scotland separately.

GERS Methodology

On 3/22/2018 at 13:14, Baxter Parp said:

Wow, going back to 2014 to find an out of context quote in another thread, how desperate can you get? I don't know if they know, hence the question mark, dimwit.  I bet you were all excited for a wee bit, there, eh?

"out of context" :lol:

I deal with the ONS and the Scottish Gov's surveys at my work and can honestly say it is completely impossible to quantify what most of these numbers actually are. The amount of resources that would be required to get accurate figures for internal UK transactions would be ridiculous and of no benefit to the firm that would have to pay for the information.

It's the last thing I have to do and isn't half as important as my 'real' work, so it gets filled in as an afterthought. I doubt a single company in the country treats these things any differently.

The moral of the story is that I wouldn't put too much faith in the numbers that get published. My bullshit detector would suggest that stuff like the debt figures per country are utter bollocks though. 

I used to work for a well known whisky producer who actually tried to avoid tax by using a Dutch subsidiary to funnel it's money into, and checking documents here at home I find that they pay UK tax to HMRC, with no mention of paying a copper coin in Scotland. Do we even have a tax office still open in Scotland ? The vow said the jobs would be safe staying with our precious union but I got a letter from HMRC last week from that well known Scottish city, Newcastle.

Wes has properly lost his shit.  It's great when the bigots panic.

There’s no panic Pep, the SNP will see out their current term, whilst continuing to show they can’t manage the powers they already have. If you think that gives them a stronger hand to play for a 2nd vote, then I’m fine with that, no problem.

17 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

There’s no panic Pep, the SNP will see out their current term, whilst continuing to show they can’t manage the powers they already have. If you think that gives them a stronger hand to play for a 2nd vote, then I’m fine with that, no problem.

Not sure where you're getting your polling data from.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/scottish-conservative-support-falls-as-snp-s-rises-poll-1-4679559

On 24/03/2018 at 16:00, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's genuinely beyond me how anyone can look at Sturgeon and Davidson and think "hmm yep, Davidson's the honest, earnest, capable one of the two, she's the one who represents my interests!" Unless you really like baking cakes or something and that shite swings it for you.

I see far too many people who sadly I call friends who wouldn't vote Sturgeon if She offered to put wages at 10K a week minimum for a 3 day week and all other parties were making us work 24/7 for nowt.

They see Sturgeon as a Hitler like figure and vote for anyone else just to spite her.

Basically the same that was said of Alex in 2014.

If you ask these people why they hate Nic you don't get any sensible answers and are best ignored. Sadly their are thousands of them.

I see far too many people who sadly I call friends who wouldn't vote Sturgeon if She offered to put wages at 10K a week minimum for a 3 day week and all other parties were making us work 24/7 for nowt.
They see Sturgeon as a Hitler like figure and vote for anyone else just to spite her.
Basically the same that was said of Alex in 2014.
If you ask these people why they hate Nic you don't get any sensible answers and are best ignored. Sadly their are thousands of them.
She's not fat but she's getting older..... emmm. Barren?

12 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Where is the evidence of this? A straw poll at your Orange Lodge meeting doesn’t count.

As for not being able to manage the powers they already have, that didn’t stop the English voting for their parliament to gain more.

Edited by Antlion

4 hours ago, Antlion said:

Where is the evidence of this? A straw poll at your Orange Lodge meeting doesn’t count.

As for not being able to manage the powers they already have, that didn’t stop the English voting for their parliament to gain more.

Why do Nationalists always have to bring religion into Scottish politics?

49 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Redrob can best answer that. But it does seem that his religion (or at least public displays of it - not sure of actual beliefs) is responsible for his nationalism.

Just on that, isnt it valid to pass link the british state to religion when its modern incarnation was founded out of several revolutions and wars fuelled by religious reformation and thus imposing a royal family headed by a sovereign who is both head of state and appointed by god to lead the church of England? For me religion and politics are fair game in terms of comment. This coupled with the fact the OO were an official campaign group in the 2014 referendum suggests that its not just Scottish Nationalists who bring religion into Scottish politics.