When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

No you told us that they were artificially lowering the Labour polling numbers to cut the SNP vote at the next election.

They haven't posted these findings on twitter, facebook or any social media platform. I haven't seen it posted anywhere.

There's a truly grim front page on today's Herald concerning the growing evidence of just how desperate life is becoming for many of our fellow citizens due to Universal Credit.
Normally I don't react to such stuff but I can see it in my local area. Driving people into abject poverty eventually impoverishes us all - for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone can vote Conservative.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There's a truly grim front page on today's Herald concerning the growing evidence of just how desperate life is becoming for many of our fellow citizens due to Universal Credit.
Normally I don't react to such stuff but I can see it in my local area. Driving people into abject poverty eventually impoverishes us all - for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone can vote Conservative.

Because they're not on benefits and don't like the idea of a fraction of their millions going towards those who weren't blessed with the same education and opporunities in life.

Because they're not on benefits and don't like the idea of a fraction of their millions going towards those who weren't blessed with the same education and opporunities in life.
That doesnt cover the people he is talking about. The people he is talking about are the working class Sun readers who believe that everyone on Disability is at it and the Tories are the only ones stopping your hard earned getting robbed by sponges and immigrants.

Actual, lower earning working people swallow this shit with alarming ease.

These are the people who would have been over the moon when the Sun reported the imminent loss of EU working time protection as "Overtime Boom for hard working Brits!!!!!"

Stupid poor people..... Do you really think it's low income people who are the most likely to live near people on disability and have people reliant on benefits in their family who hold those views? Or is the types of people who think the they are a rung down from the Beckhams because they drive an Audi and go on holiday to Mexico?

Also 28% of Sun readers voted Tory at the last election and 14% voted Labour.

Stupid poor people..... Do you really think it's low income people who are the most likely to live near people on disability and have people reliant on benefits in their family who hold those views? Or is the types of people who think the they are a rung down from the Beckhams because they drive an Audi and go on holiday to Mexico?
Also 28% of Sun readers voted Tory at the last election and 14% voted Labour.
Yes. In the numbers required.

Whilst the wannabes may also feel the same way, there is likely to be less of them no?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes. In the numbers required.

Whilst the wannabes may also feel the same way, there is likely to be less of them no?

In terms of people who vote against their class interest I doubt it.

Scotland and the UK are rife with pointless snobbery about council housing, benefits and types of consumption. Low income people are the ones who are living in council housing or shit private rents, claiming benefits, going on holiday to caravans or Blackpool and shopping at Iceland and Asda. Do you really think they are looking down on themselves?

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Scotland and the UK are rife with pointless snobbery about council housing, benefits and types of consumption. Low income people are the ones who are living in council housing or shit private rents, claiming benefits, going on holiday to caravans or Blackpool and shopping at Iceland and Asda. Do you really think they are looking down on themselves?

Fucking hell :lol:

No, I think they have been tricked into looking down on others.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

This.

”Vote Tory and you too can look down on poor people*”

*poor people may be richer than you and have a better lifestyle.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

In my experience (low wage jobs and living in a scheme) that's not the case.

In my experience it's people with middle class consumption who tend to be disdainful of the least well off.

This.
”Vote Tory and you too can look down on poor people*”
*poor people may be richer than you and have a better lifestyle.
Fwiw, you have to hand it to the Tories and the likes of Murdoch. Despicable c***s though they are, its some fucking trick they have pulled off. Its a joke that anyone even buys the Sun yet they use it to successfully convince people living a rung up from the breadline that Jacob Rees-Mogg and Nigel Farage et al are just like them and want the same things.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fwiw, you have to hand it to the Tories and the likes of Murdoch. Despicable c***s though they are, its some fucking trick they have pulled off. Its a joke that anyone even buys the Sun yet they use it to successfully convince people living a rung up from the breadline that Jacob Rees-Mogg and Nigel Farage et al are just like them and want the same things.

52% of Sun readers didn't vote so the propaganda effect isn't working.

28% of Sun readers voted Tory which is exactly the same figure as the UK electorate as a whole ie reading the Sun doesn't make someone more likely to vote Tory.

Recommended it before but Stephen Armstrong’s The New Poverty is a superb, and infuriating, deep dive into issues like this. Perfectly balanced between statistical analysis and anecdotal evidence so you can understand how pervasive it is and how much devastation it’s causing. I have a DRM free copy if anyone wants it emailed.

52% of Sun readers didn't vote so the propaganda effect isn't working.
28% of Sun readers voted Tory which is exactly the same figure as the UK electorate as a whole ie reading the Sun doesn't make someone more likely to vote Tory.
Does it make the type of person who buys the Sun more likely to vote Labour compared to their comparable demographic?

Think youl find your answer there

Does it make the type of person who buys the Sun more likely to vote Labour compared to their comparable demographic?

Think youl find your answer there

They are less likely to vote Labour. 14% of Sun readers vs 26% of the population. But given that they are a right wing paper that's not really a surprise.

The things to take from this is that (i) The Sun are shite at getting their readers to vote Tory (ii) Sun readers are a fairly insignificant voting bloc, 375,000 Sun readers voted Tory out of 13.5 million Tory votes. The BBC and their right wing editorial team are the big players in UK politics.

They are less likely to vote Labour. 14% of Sun readers vs 26% of the population. But given that they are a right wing paper that's not really a surprise.
The things to take from this is that (i) The Sun are shite at getting their readers to vote Tory (ii) Sun readers are a fairly insignificant voting bloc, 375,000 Sun readers voted Tory out of 13.5 million Tory votes. The BBC and their right wing editorial team are the big players in UK politics.

Yeah because turning people against Labour isnt part of the agenda right enough