When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've realised this type of behaviour is rife. Where the f**k does this come from?

I have to say Jupe you must be very tolerable as I would have lost my shit by now with my folks and the in-laws.

Her folks provide a glorious selection of biscuits tbf. My old man's a pain in the arse mind you, and also partially responsible for me supporting Dundee [emoji38]

Early September 2014

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/asda-warns-prices-could-go-4206238.amp

was unforgivable. Complete pish. Big business bully tactics to frighten the elderly, weak and gullible. 

......and by and large their produce is shite.

Edited by git-intae-thum

18 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There's a truly grim front page on today's Herald concerning the growing evidence of just how desperate life is becoming for many of our fellow citizens due to Universal Credit.
Normally I don't react to such stuff but I can see it in my local area. Driving people into abject poverty eventually impoverishes us all - for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone can vote Conservative.

I'd forgotten to reply to this in the wake of H_B's pish last night. If anything the negative impact of UC is under-reported. It's a fucking dreadful system which set up to make claimants fail from the outset. A few of the common issues we come up against in my line of work:

• Self Employment - Application of minimum income floor. If you have a quiet few weeks your UC calculation will still be based on you earning £274 per week, even if you're nowhere near that.
  • Sickness - If your GP signs you off sick, you can still be compelled to spend 35 hours per week looking for work, entirely on the whim of your work coach. 
  • The waiting period - it's been reduced to 5 weeks, however most people realistically will need to take out a UC advance to survive. This means for the next 12 months your UC will effectively be below the minimum amount the Government decides you need to live on. Significant chance of incurring rent arrears during the waiting period as well.
  • Processing errors can take weeks, even months to sort out. Eg if an employer reports a wage wrongly through TRI, or a work coach makes a mistake on a case it's nigh on impossible for third parties like CAB, Welfare Rights etc to assist as UC service centres won't allow them to act on claimants' behalf, unless they are physically with them. 
  • Terminally Ill - Despite DWP's insistence otherwise, the process for terminally ill claimants is still hard to follow, strewn with errors and processing times are shamefully long. Eg numerous claimants die before ever getting money. 

Those are just a handful off the top of my head. Additionally, rumour has it that lots of UC processing staff, work coaches and case managers are going for jobs at the new Scottish Social Security Service instead, leaving an already overstretched service well and truly in the shit. Resulting in further delays to claims, more errors being made and less being resolved. It's a disgrace and a fucking shambles and it absolutely boils my piss to see cuntresses like Esther McVey and Kirstene Hair stand up and say how great is and how it's helping people back into work. It's not, it's actually dissuading people from self employment, punishing the disabled who want to try and work and giving folk a stark choice between shit minimum wage jobs and foodbanks (often the two combine). 

It's an utter shitshow.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im sorry Gaz, maybe its just around Glasgow that Asda is really minging, their butcher meat, ready meals, fruit and veg etc are just generally inferior products and the stores have a dingy vibe.

TBF you do see a wide range of scheme goblins in Falkirk Asda.

Just assumed that was across the board in all supermarkets

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I have nothing but contempt for anyone who chooses to work for the DWP in the job centres. They’re complicit in the system that’s killing people.

Never met a bad one tbf. You have to remember, they have their own jobs to protect. If they don't follow orders then they'll be standing in the queue with you.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

This thread desperately needs a contribution from @oaksoft. It was always fun when he'd condescendingly explain to Jupe why poverty doesn't exist.

Any excuse to post his favourite GIF...

snaps_ids-about-ap_3368683a.gif

It's someone else's turn to school the creepy weirdo next time 

I think i gave up last time at his complaint over a terminally ill woman not looking for work. 

10 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Please fucking no. I'd rather have Dumbo_99 than that patronising c**t.

I think you're safe. Last I saw, he'd almost finished building a compound far from civilization, so he wouldn't have to deal with the oiks anymore. You'd assume that would include the internet too.