When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Polls like the above don't include EU voters or 15 - 17 yos who'll have a vote when the time comes. Don't you agree that EU residents are likely to vote, massively, in favour of I-Scot in the EU and that young voters tend to favour Indy?

Hmm, I can’t see EU residents being granted a vote in any future 2nd Ref once Brexit is signed and sealed. Granted, the core of younger voters will support Independence however.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Hmm, I can’t see EU residents being granted a vote in any future 2nd Ref once Brexit is signed and sealed. Granted, the core of younger voters will support Independence however.

Not sure how it can be refused. WM was fine with them voting in the first Indyref.

Shows the balance of power though. EU didn't dictate terms of Brexit ref but we're expected to brown nose Westminster to get democracy. Know your place Scotchland.

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If the UK stay in the CU/SM independence would be far less complicated. A hard brexit would give far more hurdles, negotiating reentry or staying in the EU while keeping unrestricted trade with the rUK would make the Irish border question seem like a doddle to sort. 

you're right but an indyref2 would be hard to sell to people. Has there been a material change in circumstances if were still in the SM/CU ? I think indyref2 is inevitable but this would delay it until after 2021 imo. 

23 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Given the absolute mess that Westminster is in at present, particularly with regards to Brexit (plus a clear remain majority in Scotland), wouldn’t you expect a massive surge towards indyref2 and a Yes vote.
It doesn’t appear to be the case just yet, seriously why is that?

Well Brexit and it's disastrous impact hasn't actually happened yet. When it starts to becomes a reality to the voters then people will need to make up their minds on what kind of Scotland they want for themselves and their children.

Do you believe Brexit will be a good thing for the Union?  

20 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I would say this is due to the mess we have over Brexit rather than a surge in a wish for independence. 

Does it really matter in the end up what the reason is? If the independence vote increases for whatever reason then that leads to Scotland becoming an independent country 

6 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

The vast majority of eu nationals voted no the last time.

If they don't get a vote, its another no vote lost.

If they do get a vote, its a yes vote gained. 

Its just added momentum.

As we all have known for some time, with this issue, momentum has only ever been going one way. 

An optimistic outlook. The reality is the yes side will need all the help they can get. With the UK looking more and more isolated, Scotland pissing off and joining the EU as an independent nation would be a disaster for rUK.

Every trick in the book will be used including not allowing EU nationals to vote. The media will be saturated with hard border/disaster stories for an independent Scotland.

Just now, Colkitto said:

Does it really matter in the end up what the reason is? If the independence vote increases for whatever reason then that leads to Scotland becoming an independent country 

That may well be true, but it is a reaction to a situation , rather than a belief. It could be a very dangerous error.

Well Brexit and it's disastrous impact hasn't actually happened yet. When it starts to becomes a reality to the voters then people will need to make up their minds on what kind of Scotland they want for themselves and their children.
Do you believe Brexit will be a good thing for the Union?  
When Brexit really starts hitting people it will all be the SNP's fault somehow.

The other morbid factor is... well... morbidity.

No/Leave voters are in general older than Yes/Remain & with each year that passes more of them die.
I've heard that scenario applied so many times. People cease to be young and some of them accumulate stuff. Houses,good jobs,savings etc etc. Don't be lazy and assume they don't ever change their minds when push comes to shove. I've been hearing about the Tories gradual extinction for at least 25 years and still hearing about it now and yet they bounce back time and time again because they pander to a section of the UK populace who presumably far from expiring keep regenerating. If people are waiting on Indy2 and especially a succesful one just to turn up like a 22 bus I reckon it will be a long wait. If the pro Indy majority at Holyrood disappears I would just get a taxi to be honest,the bus has been torched.