When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the best you'll get is a referendum on independence, with a guarantee (that will be fulfilled) of a referendum on entry to the eu a little further on. 
How would you vote in that case? 
If the guarantee was in law and not a pledge on the front of The Record then I could vote for indy. Keeps it as democratic as possible. Make it clear as well that win by one is enough and there wont be any more for a period of 4 parliaments or something.

Hence why any guarantees would have to be in law and not just an honest guv....
I'm pretty confident that a new referendum will be followed by an EU one to satisfy the Scottish leave voters. This will be in a another white paper. Thats the best youre gonny get, no doubt still wont be enough for you.

13 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
18 hours ago, madwullie said:
I think the best you'll get is a referendum on independence, with a guarantee (that will be fulfilled) of a referendum on entry to the eu a little further on. 
How would you vote in that case? 

If the guarantee was in law and not a pledge on the front of The Record then I could vote for indy. Keeps it as democratic as possible. Make it clear as well that win by one is enough and there wont be any more for a period of 4 parliaments or something.

That's fair enough and how I Woukd imagine it would pan out. Even without it being law it's been pretty well stated that a franchise vote on membership of the eu would be one the first acts of a independent Scottish Parliament. As it should be. 

40 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Not long been in John Lewis in Buchanan Galleries where I traded a warm smile with the one and only Nicola Sturgeon.
Neither wee, nor nippy.

I trust you went through this formal, but simple routine :

Part 1 Executing a Simple Curtsy
  1. Lower your head. Bend your head forward slightly, as if giving a respectful nod. ...
  2. Hold your skirt. ...
  3. Extend your right foot behind the left. ...
  4. Bend your knees. ...
  5. Gracefully bring yourself back to your original position.

I trust you went through this formal, but simple routine :
Part 1 Executing a Simple Curtsy
  1. Lower your head. Bend your head forward slightly, as if giving a respectful nod. ...
  2. Hold your skirt. ...
  3. Extend your right foot behind the left. ...
  4. Bend your knees. ...
  5. Gracefully bring yourself back to your original position.
I did indeed, and tbqh it felt amazing. I think I get it now.

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Not long been in John Lewis in Buchanan Galleries where I traded a warm smile with the one and only Nicola Sturgeon.
Neither wee, nor nippy.

Was she buying an expensive Coffee Machine?

Twitter would no doubt explode if the news that Ms Sturgeon spends her money in John Lewis ever got out.

"SHOULD BE FUCKING SPENDING IT IN B&M LIKE THE REST OF US HAVE TO"

Was she buying an expensive Coffee Machine?
Twitter would no doubt explode if the news that Ms Sturgeon spends her money in John Lewis ever got out.
"SHOULD BE FUCKING SPENDING IT IN B&M LIKE THE REST OF US HAVE TO"
SHOULD BE GETTING ON WIF DA DAY JOB [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

My partner went on a wee jolly to London last year with his brother and I got given the task of booking the flights for the trip. Naturally, given the flight was only an hour or so, I went with the cheapest, shittiest budget airline I could find. The pair of them came back with selfies on their phones of them and NS who was sitting behind them on the flight home.

When I relayed this story within hearing range of a staunch unionist the explanation he gave was that she was only on the cheap flight as she must have been visiting for personal reasons and therefore unable to claim it as an expense. :huh:

8 hours ago, Rizzo said:

My partner went on a wee jolly to London last year with his brother and I got given the task of booking the flights for the trip. Naturally, given the flight was only an hour or so, I went with the cheapest, shittiest budget airline I could find. The pair of them came back with selfies on their phones of them and NS who was sitting behind them on the flight home.

When I relayed this story within hearing range of a staunch unionist the explanation he gave was that she was only on the cheap flight as she must have been visiting for personal reasons and therefore unable to claim it as an expense. :huh:

She'd be on it because it was the right time, not to save money imo.