When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it's a given that Scotland is poor, has a huge deficit and couldn't possibly support itself given the current projections, then if anything that should be a MASSIVE incentive for people to WANT independence as our "failures" are undoubtedly and unarguably due to being governed / mismanaged / exploited by Westminster and the British / English Government.

Decades of policies which treated us as a far flung region ONLY to be exploited have seen us in this current situation, so surely standing on our own two feet, looking after our OWN interests and steering policy towards what's best for our area of the country can only be good and positive for us ??

Look at Slovakia after they split from the Czechs, the country has gone from strength to strength and attracted lots of foreign investment, Ireland is another prime example and of course Scotland has arguably far more to offer in terms of natural resources than those countries mentioned.

The bottom line is that London and the South are draining the very life from us and many up here just seem happy to sit back and not only accept this but actually support and applaud it.

Honestly, I really don't get it at all......................

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

I didn't go round red dotting every post of yours that I could find. 

You on the other hand.

10 for one seems fair when nearly every post you've made has been inane trolling.

A question ive never had answered by a unionist, given in the era of tory austerity where people’s lives are being ended in a concerted effort to rid the elite of burdenous poor people, given the sheer drive to ‘save money’ and ‘reduce debt’ etc, at a time where Westminster gentry tell us we are an economic burden at every opportunity and the yoons swallow it up (see malky). Then the question arises, if we are such an economic burden why do they want to keep us so badly?

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

And what are you doing ?

Answering Milky's questions as you've been demanding. If you don't think they're sufficient you should explain why. A red dot doesn't do it.

Edited by welshbairn

A huge leap of faith taken by many Countries previously. Can you list the Countries who, after gaining independence from The UK, have asked to return?

So we take a huge leap of faith into the unknown ? 

6 minutes ago, jakedee said:

A huge leap of faith taken by many Countries previously. Can you list the Countries who, after gaining independence from The UK, have asked to return?

Yes.

And even although other Countries have done it doesn't make it right. Doesn't make it very risky either. 

No thanks, not for me.

We can compare how comparatively sized and mixed  economies are doing in the EU, and they seem to be getting on fine. One would expect a final settlement with the rUK to be based on mutual self interest, and therefore as smooth and as least disruptive as possible. There's far more risk in getting dragged into a hard brexit against our will, and there are countless Treasury and Bank of England reports to back that up. I rate the risks of staying in the Union as far greater than getting the f**k out.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

As you know, any discussion of theoretical liabilities, assets and budgets is pointless without knowing how the final settlement would have worked out with the rUK. The same as how the Bank of England is unable to make narrow predictions of the post Brexit economy without using a massive range of error.

I've been clear, I'm asking about £29.9Bn of cuts to what was promised in the White Paper - you know the SNP document that was supposed to sell us a "fully costed" vision of Independent Scotland hat included very nationalist friendly assumptions on debt in the settlement. 

4 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I've been clear, I'm asking about £29.9Bn of cuts to what was promised in the White Paper - you know the SNP document that was supposed to sell us a "fully costed" vision of Independent Scotland hat included very nationalist friendly assumptions on debt in the settlement. 

Again, we have no idea what the final settlement would have been, so this is all pointless retrospective theorising about something that didn't happen.

Now, your turn, yet again, true or false?

On 09/08/2019 at 16:51, Malky3 said:

I had hoped that in the modern Scotland we were making some progress towards eradicating sectarianism when in 2012 we saw the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act passed into law unopposed but by 2018 the SNP had repealed the Act, and on these pages we can see why. It's sad really but it seems the Nationalist Cult needs to sow division on any grounds whatsoever to gain traction for their cause. 

So we take a huge leap of faith into the unknown ? 

We are taking a huge leap of faith into the unknown with Brexit. The ramifications of which can much less be judged because no other country has done this before.

Other countries have left the UK, and none have requested to come back so far. We also know that there is a plan in place for Scotland to become at least a part of the EEA, and join the EU fully in time. This is a much more secure way forward for Scotland than Brexit is, yet unionists fail to recognise this. Why is that?

I’m not a fan of vox pops at the best of times, but seeing these thick-as-shit English morons saying that they support Johnson as subverts the democratic process makes me realise just how important Independence is for future generations.

Cannot come quick enough.