When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

It's not simplistic to say that those at the top of the tree are shuffling them 'n' theirs into positions that enables them to elicit profit at very little risk.

I certainly don't believe any of our major organisations are nearly as economically efficient as they should be, I'm quite open to private investment in all major organisations if they're aimed at providing the best service for our buck, at the moment it wouldn't be based on anything other than seeing the best in others wishful thinking, we're in a union where greed is good is the only mantra and that ain't changing anytime soon.

I'm not doubting that but we appear all too willing at the moment to allow charlatans to charge 20,30 or more times the going rate for drugs etc without as much as a raised eyebrow. 

All of this is happening in the "public" health service at the moment.

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

I think that you will find that the IEA has already raised concerns about the methodology used in this report that was based almost entirely on survey responses.  It also has a bias towards single-payer systems like the NHS.

Here is something a little less biased and using multiple sources.  http://www.sochealth.co.uk/2015/01/18/international-comparisons-say-nhs/

"The Commonwealth Fund 2014 report said the NHS was the most cost-effective system of the 11 countries they looked at"

So...thanks for that.

1 minute ago, strichener said:

All of this is happening in the "public" health service at the moment.

I know, that's why I'm opposed, I voted YES specifically so Scotland could go it's own way and try and find a fairer and better way of running things, mistakes 'n' all.

Loyal to a Queen that hates you

Votes for a party that hates you

Goes to an occupied country to March for a Dutch Prince that hates you

Supports a team that you allowed to die

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

What a confused little lad.

What does any of that have to do with how the NHS is funded? sadly it's a fairly typical P&B response.

I wonder what actually makes someone think "yep I'll write and respond with this, it's sure to be a useful contribution'?

What does any of that have to do with how the NHS is funded? sadly it's a fairly typical P&B response.
I wonder what actually makes someone think "yep I write and respond with this, it's sure to be a useful contribution'?

A disgrace is what you are, emotionally retarded just like your kin. I'm genuinely embarrassed for your views on life. It's a travesty

2 years of cuts can make a hell of a difference to any service.  The point is that the publicly funded NHS is the best healthcare system in the world when it's properly funded.

Yet the total NHS operating budget has increased over the last two years (Source ONS), which shows (as it continually has done) its problems cannot be solved by simply throwing public money at it.

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Yet the total NHS operating budget has increased over the last two years (Source ONS), which shows (as it continually has done) its problems cannot be solved by simply throwing public money at it.

Have they not been cut in real terms due to the exorbitant inflation figures in health? 

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Cut in real terms, yes.  https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/05/nhs-finances-crisis-rising-demand-budget-cuts-30-billion-pound-deficit-2020

The problem isn't too much money.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Have they not been cut in real terms due to the exorbitant inflation figures in health? 

This is a thing that is often overlooked. The inflation figures are not across the board. Within the overall figures some sectors will even have had -ve inflation.

Historically health care inflation has always been very high.

A situation that is going to be made much worse by the folly of brexit

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

"The UK’s health service surely provides adequate and often excellent care"

It's your link, dimwit.  The geezer doesn't even have any recommendations to make.

I never said there were any recommendations, just posting a more comprehensive source of material to counterbalance your one-off google search for "efficient NHS".  I don't think anyone has disputed the standard of care in the NHS.  Clinical outcomes are a different matter...

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

I never said there were any recommendations, just posting a more comprehensive source of material to counterbalance your one-off google search for "efficient NHS".  I don't think anyone has disputed the standard of care in the NHS.  Clinical outcomes are a different matter...

Pish.  It doesn't counterbalance anything, it's a discussion with no conclusion that aims to dispel the "myth" of a perfect NHS that nobody has actually claimed.

12 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

They said, IIRC, that increased privatisation of the NHS would threaten the service up here in the longer term. I don't remember anyone saying it would "die if we voted no", though happy to be corrected with a link to whoever said it. 

I'm pretty sure what you've just said was never on any campaign poster. It was something like ' vote yes to save the NHS' . Either way, utter crap given that the SNP have their hands on the purse strings and the tradional labour voters now voting SNP would desert the SNP in droves if they started selling off the NHS.

Edited by sparky88