When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

This part of the board has been loosely moderated for a while.  No longer.

If you cannot debate in a civil manner then you are not welcome here.

Independence and politics are an emotive subject, however please behave in a civil manner.

This relates to posters on both sides of the debate.   1930's Germany, proto fascists, dribbling simpleton etc etc

There is really no need and repeats of this behaviour will mean you will no longer be posting here.

Let's draw a line under this and see how it goes.

On 26/01/2020 at 11:58, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I take it the new Malksoft strategy is to just keep spamming the thread and starting new accounts until the mods just shut the whole Politics subforum down? He had an entire page to himself a few days ago.

Still some gold to glean, however - when did the whole "P&B has threatened to kill me!" thing start up? That's almost as good as the desperate pleas for P&B to start a republican army so nutters can finally have some proof of the terrible violence at the heart of the evil Nationalist movement.

@BigFatTabbyDave if you've any predictions for the Illinois Powerball numbers next week, DM  me them and there's a pint in it for you chief. 

Edited by carpetmonster

14 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Ok, so by asking people to post in a civil manner equates to shutting down the politics forum.

Interesting interpretation of what I posted but the politics sub section will be going nowhere.

Not so much, but there's a definite subsection of folks here that are straight up arguing in bad faith trolls. While it doesn't enrich anyone spiritually or grow anyone as human beings, I can see why sometimes some folks are less than civil by way of response. 

ETA - re this bit - 'Posters who continually abuse others will be though.'

which you added after I replied; I agree, personal abuse is never warranted. You will be well aware though, that those who argue in bad faith also look for any opportunity they can to play the innocent victim, particularly online where context is highly malleable.  Tommy Robinson being 'convicted of journalism' et al. 

Edited by carpetmonster

Not so much, but there's a definite subsection of folks here that are straight up arguing in bad faith trolls. While it doesn't enrich anyone spiritually or grow anyone as human beings, I can see why sometimes some folks are less than civil by way of response. 

ETA - re this bit - 'Posters who continually abuse others will be though.'
which you added after I replied; I agree, personal abuse is never warranted. You will be well aware though, that those who argue in bad faith also look for any opportunity they can to play the innocent victim, particularly online where context is highly malleable.  Tommy Robinson being 'convicted of journalism' et al. 
Malky's banned now.

Ok, so by asking people to post in a civil manner equates to shutting down the politics forum?

Interesting interpretation of what I posted but the politics sub section will be going nowhere.  Posters who continually abuse others will be though.

As I said last night there will usually be low level name calling here - I can sort of live with that - if you have a political opinion expect to take the flak from someone who disagrees with you.

What a particular poster did last night went though way beyond name calling and he was deservedly banned.

Ok, so by asking people to post in a civil manner equates to shutting down the politics forum?
Interesting interpretation of what I posted but the politics sub section will be going nowhere.  Posters who continually abuse others will be though.

Maybe a requirement to have 200+ posts in the football section before posting in the politics section would improve this area.

19 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

If @Malky3 has been banned for abusive language then it’s a shock that @MixuFixit has survived. @git-intae-thum was definitely the most ban-worthy throwing around terms like ‘proto-fascist’ among other things. 

It's a shock that you were banned just a few days ago and are on here pontificating about who should be getting banned. 

18 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

If @Malky3 has been banned for abusive language then it’s a shock that @MixuFixit has survived. @git-intae-thum was definitely the most ban-worthy throwing around terms like ‘proto-fascist’ among other things. 

Dear oh dear. Here we go again.

I carefully constructed an argument that built up to that. Not my fault you are incapable of understanding it.

You however threw out a ridiculous insult with absolutely no proof.

You are now on ignore (until you get banned again and come back under another profile)