The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Apparently there were only two games in Scotland at the weekend if you read The Guardian website.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/23/kilmarnock-celtic-rangers-st-johnstone-scottish-premiership-roundup
I also dislike it when they constantly need to tell you that a player was on the books at either Rangers or Celtic as a youth player.
The former Celtic youth player headed Burke’s corner into the bottom corner to hand Kilmarnock maximum points
Killie have now gone four games without defeat by Celtic and their manager, Steve Clarke, praised Findlay, the former Parkhead youth player, for playing through the pain barrier.

In their defence that was the only two games on the Sunday. If they don’t have anything covering Saturday then I will have your back.

7 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:
On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:35, Miguel Sanchez said:
I mean
I suppose it's possible to confuse "James" with "Ryan"
To do it twice?
For nobody else to notice?
IMGP3777.thumb.JPG.3550a0241d079304f0a98a21732fe4db.JPG

Is he not retired and in charge of Wales these days?

Ryan Wilson? Couldn't tell you. 

Sky really are horrible, horrible b*****ds. They mentioned in the original tweet that the game was at Fir Park. Never even bothered to change the order of the teams in the repost. :lol:

I saw a tweet last night where they had the crests wrong again too on Sky Sports News. Can't remember ever seeing that for English clubs.

And the only 30 second mention of the games last night was that the chance for an Old Firm final was on after they both avoided each other in the draw. Not even a mention for Hearts or Aberdeen, who are two of the five biggest clubs in the country.

Utter contempt from the despicable fuckers.

Edited by Elixir

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-statistically-worst-team-world-13319603?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I saw the headline and was going to post it on the Dundee thread, but actually reading the article means it deserves to go here with the Record taking some dubious stats site and declaring Dundee as the worst team (activate Clarkson voice) in the world

Besides, this site clearly hasn't looked at the Highland League table recently have they, Fort William on a -75 goal difference after 10 games with Lossiemouth slightly better on -47 (having lost all their games)

Edited by senorsoupe

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Besides, this site clearly hasn't looked at the Highland League table recently have they, Fort William on a -75 goal difference after 10 games with Lossiemouth slightly better on -47 (having lost all their games)

f**k that!!! We'll stick with Dundee being the worst team........

IN THE WORLD! 

:lol:

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Clearly they mean worst team, with league status, in the world.

Aye, it's a bit of an unfair label. We might be utterly shite but I still reckon we'd beat Buckie Thistle's under 13's girls team convincingly. 

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Aye, it's a bit of an unfair label. We might be utterly shite but I still reckon we'd beat Buckie Thistle's under 13's girls team convincingly. 

They'll be hurting after Montrose took 12 off them on Sunday. Could see them restoring some pride with a hard fought 0-0.

53 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-statistically-worst-team-world-13319603?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I saw the headline and was going to post it on the Dundee thread, but actually reading the article means it deserves to go here with the Record taking some dubious stats site and declaring Dundee as the worst team (activate Clarkson voice) in the world

Stats site whoscored.com rank an international form guide and Dundee are at the bottom of the table, and they're joined in the bottom five by Championship strugglers Falkirk.

0_Screen-Shot-2018-09-27-at-142504.png

I'd say Dundee were top of this particular table.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45671736

It will be the first time Celtic and Rangers have played in Glasgow on the same day since 1983, when they were involved in Scottish Cup semi-finals at Hampden and Celtic Park.

I'm pretty sure there's been plenty of occasions in the past 35 years when Celtic or Rangers have played Partick Thistle at Firhill, ahead of the other "half" having a home game later that same day (or even at the same time pre-widespread TV coverage). 

9 minutes ago, The Master said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45671736

I'm pretty sure there's been plenty of occasions in the past 35 years when Celtic or Rangers have played Partick Thistle at Firhill, ahead of the other "half" having a home game later that same day (or even at the same time pre-widespread TV coverage). 

Celtic and Rangers played in Glasgow on the same day earlier this season...