The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

He must be superb at standing his round, it's the only explanation.

Or nobody takes the award seriously?

I have no idea how Keith Jackson can be seen as the best journalist in the country. He can't write, for one thing. He's also an obnoxious troll on social media, and his broadcast views are a string of meaningless cliches.

I do notice that Graham Spiers and Tom English both tweeted their congratulations, seemingly straight faced.

515576a742a312058f08132f03ecf30c.jpg

Kind of hoped for a burberry cap in the background

I'd love to know which planet he is on. And how he's still employed at SFA.

Sean Hamilton in the Sunday Post thinks that a draw for Dundee on Wednesday will be enough for survival, regardless of what happens in Dingwall on Tuesday. 

Except we're five points ahead. So Hamilton must win to keep us in it, and if they do that puts us only two points ahead. Drawing on Wednesday makes that three with three to play for, with a catchable goal difference. 

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:30, Rugster said:

Keith Jackson not only won sports writer of the year, the c**t also won JOURNALIST of the year. Not sports journalist, but journalist, general. I despair. 

Just to clarify...

... not only has he been crowned best sport journo 6yrs running: in the past year he surpassed all others including news, current affairs, undercover investigation, entertainment etc.?

:lol: :lol:

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

Just to clarify...

... not only has he been crowned best sport journo 6yrs running: in the past year he surpassed all others including news, current affairs, undercover investigation, entertainment etc.?

:lol: :lol:

Yes. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. He's a fucking bell end of a person too. 

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf it's been an exceptionally quiet year in the world of politics, international affairs, business, science, sport, music and film... I for one can only recall DR's OF transfer puff pieces.

Bear in mind this six time winner of sports journalist of the year fell for a photoshopped meme picture as being the new Celtic strip a few years ago and ran it as a world exclusive. 

Not calling it terrible journalism, just alerting you to the fact that Scope has launched...

"Now for something completely different."

Bold to call a Scottish sports media outlet providing Old Firm news "completely different", tbh.

6 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Not calling it terrible journalism, just alerting you to the fact that Scope has launched...

"Now for something completely different."

Bold to call a Scottish sports media outlet providing Old Firm news "completely different", tbh.

OF only?

Why "Scope", btw?

I'm a Celtic fan and I'm perplexed by the claim of an all Old Firm media outlet being completely different.  I watched their video and am also confused by their claim of not doing match reports and only writing about stuff that people really want to read about.  Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but as a football fan I quite like reading reports of football matches.