The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

36 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/seven-scots-rangers-boss-pedro-10448108

"Seven Scots Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha could target in his summer overhaul"

The list includes Motherwell's Ben Heneghan and Louis Moult who are both English.

You're being a bit picky there. It does say within the article that they are Scots-based players and says that Heneghan and Moult are English.

It's crazy that **** need an article explaining that there are players in Scotland who are playing well. I suppose some of them will still think that signing a player from Partick Thistle is beneath them and they should be trying to tempt Lukaku from Everton because "we've got a bigger stadium and we've more chance of winning a trophy". 

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're being a bit picky there. It does say within the article that they are Scots-based players and says that Heneghan and Moult are English.

But the headline says Scottish players.  Would it have been that hard to include the word based?

But the headline says Scottish players.  Would it have been that hard to include the word based?

I hear what you are saying. It's definitely lazy churnalism at best. The headline isn't written by the "journalist" though. In other words, The Terrible sub-Editing Thread for this pish.

1 hour ago, scmwell said:

78c3c036006d9e38bcddeb5c40c24b3c.jpg

So this is the main page on Scottish premier league page. Three meaningless games being played tomorrow as opposed to the relegation battle being played today. Why ?

It's all about the top 6 m8.

78c3c036006d9e38bcddeb5c40c24b3c.jpg

So this is the main page on Scottish premier league page. Three meaningless games being played tomorrow as opposed to the relegation battle being played today. Why ?

All season, on the app, if you want live updates you have to go via Scottish Football, not Scottish Premiership. It's daft design, granted, but don't read too much into it.

It's crazy that **** need an article explaining that there are players in Scotland who are playing well. I suppose some of them will still think that signing a player from Partick Thistle is beneath them and they should be trying to tempt Lukaku from Everton because "we've got a bigger stadium and we've more chance of winning a trophy". 

They have as much chance of winning a trophy as all us other "diddy teams"....... Remember the Sun journos predictions at the start of the season, Rangers to win the title and Joey Barton to be POTY ffs. We all know how that one panned out.

Look at various threads posted here over the past month or so, suddenly hoards of people assuming the Hibees will automatically be a top 6 side since they've been promoted.

Surely it depends on recruitment over the summer, there has been plenty of shocks and surprises over the last few seasons.

Nothing is a foregone conclusion in the top flight, exception being Celtic, while everyone else are light years behind them.

Roddy Forsythe (cringe) on 5live said hearts fans were applauding Celtic's great achievement at end . I am guessing it was mostly their own team they were directing appreciation toward.

Anyway what really dumbfounded me is when he said something like : ' if it was the disparity between Celtic an everyone else was such a factor why has it taken them 118 years to repeat unbeaten run..' !

On 2017-5-19 at 11:40, Savage Henry said:

I hear what you are saying. It's definitely lazy churnalism at best. The headline isn't written by the "journalist" though. In other words, The Terrible sub-Editing Thread for this pish.

Sub-editing is journalism.

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/scotland/39965375

The Bigot Brother Corporation balance up their horrific Bartonwatch moment by having live text updates of the 1967 Celtic Inter game. Gobsmacked.

TBF its not as if theres any games on tonight for them to be reporting on...

On 5/21/2017 at 15:04, babu said:

Roddy Forsythe (cringe) on 5live said hearts fans were applauding Celtic's great achievement at end . I am guessing it was mostly their own team they were directing appreciation toward.

Anyway what really dumbfounded me is when he said something like : ' if it was the disparity between Celtic an everyone else was such a factor why has it taken them 118 years to repeat unbeaten run..' !

Oor Roddy said that?  Really?  He's one of us.  He knows (or should) that an unbeaten league campaign is nothing special.