The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Factual accuracy aside, that's a sickener for the boy, being left begind in the second division three times. At least that won't happen at utd.

He started off brilliantly for us, but he tailed off as we changed our style. Good luck to him. His goals certainly helped us go up, and he still goes to our games.

Saw this story in the BBC Scotland Gossip page today.

A canny Scottish punter has pocketed £60,000 from a £10 bet after predicting seven league winners.

The Ladbrokes customer’s stunning seven-fold accumulator was placed way back before the start of the season.

As well as picking the winners of every Scottish league – Celtic, Hibs , Livingston and Arbroath – he also selected the teams that won the Championship, League One and League Two in England.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: "Hindsight has paid off big time here for this customer for such a small outlay.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/canny-punter-pockets-60000-10-10388944

A canny bookmaker has pocketed £600,000 from £10-£1,000 bets after mug punters failure to predict seven league winners.
The stupid seven-fold accumulators were placed way back before the start of the season.
As well as picking the winners of every Scottish league – Celtic, Hibs , Livingston and Arbroath – only one person selected the teams that won the Championship, League One and League Two in England.
Don Bridge of brokes said: "our avarice has paid off big time here. I don't give a f**k how many kids go without their tea so long as i get my bonus”

- The real story

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

A canny bookmaker has pocketed £600,000 from £10-£1,000 bets after mug punters failure to predict seven league winners.
The stupid seven-fold accumulators were placed way back before the start of the season.
As well as picking the winners of every Scottish league – Celtic, Hibs , Livingston and Arbroath – only one person selected the teams that won the Championship, League One and League Two in England.
Don Bridge of brokes said: "our avarice has paid off big time here. I don't give a f**k how many kids go without their tea so long as i get my bonus”

- The real story

Good post, that.

2 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Not sure where this belongs but the BBC Scottish Premiership prediction game includes 2 championship teams this week.

The playoffs are considered part of the Premiership as the winner gets a/ keeps there place in the Premiership 

5 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Keith Jackson has just won 'Sports Writer of the Year' for the sixth consecutive year.

:lol:

:lol:

Did his 100% factually correct and in no way completely made up scoop on Barrie McKay going to RB Leipzig for [Dr Evil pinky finger to the mouth] SIX MILLION POUNDS clinch the award for him?

On a related note, why the f**k does Keith Jackson call himself "tedermeatballs"?

I always thought he just misspelled tender and that 'Tender meatballs' was a play on 'succulent lamb'.
I'm probably entirely incorrect though.

7 hours ago, ajwffc said:

The playoffs are considered part of the Premiership as the winner gets a/ keeps there place in the Premiership 

Only the final should (very loosely) be considered part of the Premiership by that definition.