The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

From the BBC website - 

"Ross County 0-0 Livingston

Jordan Tillson almost sets up a tense finale with a spectacular effort.

The ball sat up kindly for an overhead kick, but the midfielder could only put his effort into the side netting.

Surely there's not enough time for the hosts now."

20 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

From the BBC website - 

"Ross County 0-0 Livingston

Jordan Tillson almost sets up a tense finale with a spectacular effort.

The ball sat up kindly for an overhead kick, but the midfielder could only put his effort into the side netting.

Surely there's not enough time for the hosts now."

I checked at 5pm and it was 0-0, wasn't until I was on the match thread this morning I realised that we'd actually lost 0-2.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Is that not entirely accurate?

Yes indeed, my mistake, I was looking at the "live" updated table, at kick off United were in the relegation play off spot.

Duh!

13 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Gieus a job i can do that.

Marvin Andrews could be the new QoTS manager.

Queen of the South appoint Marvin Bartley as their new manager, writes LIVIFOREVER.

Assisted by the ghost of Marvin Gaye, Marvin the Martian and Marvin the Paranoid Android.

Unfortunately Marvin Hagler is deid or he could have gone round and taught that reporter a lesson...

Struggling to link it but the bbc websites article on Michael beale’s pre match press conference focuses solely on signing targets in the January window, other than a footnote at the end that beale thinks rangers will win if they play well. 

Maybe a chip on the shoulder here but the article suggests to me they basically expect rangers to turn up and win and the fact they’re going into a cup semi final isn’t of much significance. 

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Kenny McIntyre excelling himself last night at half-time on the LC Semi at Hampden by referring to Celtic as the 'home' team.  Easily enough done on BBC Scotland I suppose.

Is there not a definition for semi finals that the first team picked in the draw is designated as the "home" team although played at a neutral ground?

32 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Kenny McIntyre excelling himself last night at half-time on the LC Semi at Hampden by referring to Celtic as the 'home' team.  Easily enough done on BBC Scotland I suppose.

Game was in Glasgow? 

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Is there not a definition for semi finals that the first team picked in the draw is designated as the "home" team although played at a neutral ground?

Yes there is in terms of them using the home dressing room, but that technicality wasn't explained.  More simply, it came across very much as a broadcaster sitting in a stadium 90% full of Celtic fans making a lazy comment.