The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I guess. One thing I haven't seen in a while is the "ever since I was leetle boy I dreamed of playing for celtgers" which was always trotted out, even if the particular player involved had no idea about where Scotland was let alone the bigots "history"

3 hours ago, ac2907 said:

John Collins on 5live, there's only two words to describe Craig Brown, "sense of humour"

Only two words to describe John Collins "thick as f**k".

11 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Tam McManus

McManus has become a real rent-a-quote recently. It seems I can't go a few days without him bumping his gums about something he was only ever slightly involved with. I can deal with him more than I can English, at least McManus has played the game before, and he will leave us with the hilarious image of him punching the ground after he missed a chance when at Dundee, but as it is, McManus must be on speed dial for the laziest of lazy journos.

This is partly a question first before lumping it in as bad journalism, but is the bit at the bottom here about pots and venues correct? Because I think the author has just made the assumption that pot 1 teams will be in Position 1 in the group draw and pot 2 teams will be in Position 2, but I'm not sure that's right (at least wasn't for 2020 and it would always mean the teams from the top two pots would play each other in the first round of games)?

Scotland's Euro 2024 chances after Georgia win, Pot 1 hope, the German cities the team could play in | The Scotsman

On 28/06/2023 at 10:26, realmadrid said:

Tam McManus and the Daily Record showing a complete lack of understanding of how the conference league and Champions path works in qualifying.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-should-reach-europa-conference-30337216

It will be either Faroese side Víkingur Gota or Andorrans Inter Club d’Escaldes for Hibs but there can also be no excuses. Let’s be honest, these are two teams hardly anyone has heard of and they must be dispatched accordingly by Lee Johnson’s side

Aye, cos everyone in Andorra and Faroe Islands knows Hibs right enough.

On 28/06/2023 at 11:39, craigkillie said:

Nah, that's not how it works, the group placements are randomly drawn.

Is he not your mate?

Have you taught him nothing? This makes you partly responsible for this gaff.