The so called pyramid system was brought in because of the shire so we can have no complaints if we drop out this season, the unfortunate thing for the rest of the club's is this is not a one off and with your clubs finances the way they are I'm sure you will not be far behind us, although I have heard that Clyde have now expressed an interest in replacing Shire at Stenny next season.

Stenny certainly need somebody to keep them going and letting the bidey-ins of Scottish football into their bed wouldn't surprise me. But where would that leave Shire? Surely the finances won't be that much worse in the Lowland league? You might find more friends there right enough rather than those in the SFL who think Shire should be the sacrifical lamb. It's a false flag that one - if and when an HL/LL team come up I would expect them to get better. For some in this league, hanging by a thread is the only future.

Not looking good from a fixture perspective but it's not relegation, just the play-offs. As well as the obvious reasons, keeping Clyde out of Falkirk District is your civic duty  ;) Play up Shire!

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it true that East Stirlingshire are in danger of losing their ground (share)?

To lose one ground could be considered unfortunate, to lose two smacks of carelessness.

Is it true that East Stirlingshire are in danger of losing their ground (share)?

To lose one ground could be considered unfortunate, to lose two smacks of carelessness.

The Shire have a type of rolling contract where the rent goes up each year by the rate of inflation so if we stay in the league we will not be thrown out but if we do get relegated Stenhousemuir will just be too expensive at our current rates for a LL team.

The Shire have a type of rolling contract where the rent goes up each year by the rate of inflation so if we stay in the league we will not be thrown out but if we do get relegated Stenhousemuir will just be too expensive at our current rates for a LL team.

Oh dear. Then what?

And how about Stirling and Alloa combining to produce a club that might consistently make the 2nd tier?

Absolutely no chance Stirling and Alloa combining, both sets of fans would have none of it. Non starter.

Stenny certainly need somebody to keep them going and letting the bidey-ins of Scottish football into their bed wouldn't surprise me. But where would that leave Shire? Surely the finances won't be that much worse in the Lowland league? You might find more friends there right enough rather than those in the SFL who think Shire should be the sacrifical lamb. It's a false flag that one - if and when an HL/LL team come up I would expect them to get better. For some in this league, hanging by a thread is the only future.

Not looking good from a fixture perspective but it's not relegation, just the play-offs. As well as the obvious reasons, keeping Clyde out of Falkirk District is your civic duty ;) Play up Shire!

or they could get SFA /rest of Scottish football to subsidise there ground/youth system go under the guise of amateurs while playing loan professional players from other clubs

mind you don't think there is room for another parasite club in the Scottish league

I thought the parachute payment in the first year at least was as much as you'd get staying the in the league?

Rumour has it the Shire if relegated will move into Grangemouth Stadium much cheaper option for them.

problem with the Grangemouth stadium is that it prioritises athletics so I highly doubt we'd be able to use it as our "home" ground

I thought the parachute payment in the first year at least was as much as you'd get staying the in the league?

The Parachute payment is not paid till the end of next season for some strange reason

problem with the Grangemouth stadium is that it prioritises athletics so I highly doubt we'd be able to use it as our "home" ground

I'd be surprised if Falkirk Council who run Grangemouth Stadium would knock back the Shire because of the above reason. At the end of the day it all comes down to money and although an Athletics Stadium, if the Shire is relegated to the Lowland League, I'm quite sure Falkirk Council would be happy to accommodate them if it meant a steady income stream. Find it hard to believe that the Shire could not be allowed to use the Stadium, only thing might be floodlights does the Grangemouth Stadium not have any ?

Believe the running track is floodlit.

Archived