• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its about time those pointless Angus clubs came together and formed a team that might actually make the 2nd tier, if they dont then its bottom tier for them for the rest of their sorry existest

Two of which currently stand in the division above Stirling Albion.

HL have confirmed their remaining fixtures which completes the respective run-ins. It's an intense final month for all the HL contenders, with each of them having 9 games to play in 5 weeks, although Cove do have a blank Saturday the penultimate weekend.

Fraserburgh have a league game on the day Cove are twiddling their thumbs so it looks like the Aberdeenshire Shield Final may be played after the play-off (or midweek during them?) if Cove win the league. In LL the South Challenge Cup Final is always held the weekend after the playoffs end.

SPFL2

|   East Sti   |   Berwick    |   Montrose   |   Arbroath

| (P29, 27pts) | (P29, 36pts) | (P29, 36pts) | (P29, 35pts)

|              |              |              |

Sat 19 Mar | Clyde    (H) | Annan    (A) | Elgin    (A) | Queens P (A)

Sat 26 Mar | Stir Alb (A) | Elgin    (H) | Annan    (H) | Clyde    (A)

Sat 02 Apr | Berwick  (H) | East Sti (A) | Clyde    (A) | East Fif (H)

Sat 09 Apr | Queens P (H) | Clyde    (H) | East Fif (A) | Annan    (A) 

Sat 16 Apr | Annan    (A) | Arbroath (A) | Stir Alb (H) | Berwick  (H)

Sat 23 Apr | Elgin    (H) | East Fif (H) | Arbroath (A) | Montrose (H)

Sat 30 Apr | East Fif (A) | Montrose (A) | Berwick  (H) | Elgin    (A)

Highland League

|    Brora     |     Cove     |  Formartine

| (P26, 67pts) | (P25, 64pts) | (P25, 63pts)

|              |              |

- W 16 Mar | Fort Wil (H) | Nairn    (A) | Deveronv (A)

Sat 19 Mar | Inveruri (H) | Fort Wil (H) | Turriff  (A)

- W 23 Mar | Strathsp (A) | Deveronv (H) | Wick     (A)

Sat 26 Mar | Formart  (A) | Fort Wil (A) | Brora    (H)

- W 30 Mar | Huntly   (H) | Strathsp (H) |

Sat 02 Apr | Wick     (A) | Rothes   (A) | Huntly   (H)

- W 06 Apr | Forres   (A) | Formart  (H) | Cove     (A)

Sat 09 Apr | Nairn    (N) |   no match   | Clachnac (H)     HL Cup Final

- W 13 Apr |              | Clachnac (A) | Nairn    (A)

Sat 16 Apr | Deveronv (H) | Turriff  (A) | Strathsp (A)

- date tbc |              | Fraserb  (N) |                  Aberdeenshire Shield Final

Lowland League

|  Edin City   |   Stir Uni   |  Spartans

| (P23, 58pts) | (P20, 43pts) | (P21, 45pts)

|              |              |

Sat 19 Mar | Gretna   (A) | Threave  (A) | East Kil (N)     EOS Qual Cup Final (Sun 20 Mar)

- W 23 Mar |              | BSC Glas (H) |

Sat 26 Mar | Selkirk  (A) | BSC Glas (A) | Dalbeatt (A)

- W 30 Mar |              | Whitehil (A) | Vale o L (A)

Sat 02 Apr | Edusport (A) | Preston  (A) | Gala     (H)     South Challenge Cup SF

- T 05 Apr |              | Selkirk  (A) |

- W 06 Apr | Vale o L (A) |              | Whitehil (A)

Sat 09 Apr | Stir Uni (H) | Edin Cit (A) | Edin Uni (A)

Sat 16 Apr | Whitehil (A) | Dalbeatt (H) | Gretna   (H)

- date tbc |              |              | BSC Glas (A)

Must have missed that. When did Inverness Caley and/or Inverness Thistle move up from the HL?

I think the two clubs merged to be Inverness Caledonian Thistle and joined along side Ross county in 1994? Around the time the league reconstructed. Although this is before I was born

Your entitled to your opinion like anyone else on here safc. Shire have got away with murder for far too long,whoever wins the playoff I hope they relegate them.They will not be in league 2 for a while that's for sure,not with the likes of EK and Spartans in the SLFL.

Hardly a case of the Shire getting "away with murder". In reality they are the victims, being purposely rundown and losing their home. If the Shire do go down I hope they are able to find some stability and a home of their own where they can rebuild.

Its about time we get rid of east stirling completely, they offer absolutely nothing.

The so called pyramid system was brought in because of the shire so we can have no complaints if we drop out this season, the unfortunate thing for the rest of the club's is this is not a one off and with your clubs finances the way they are I'm sure you will not be far behind us, although I have heard that Clyde have now expressed an interest in replacing Shire at Stenny next season.

Hardly a case of the Shire getting "away with murder". In reality they are the victims, being purposely rundown and losing their home. If the Shire do go down I hope they are able to find some stability and a home of their own where they can rebuild.

I hope they find some stability in the SLFL too waspie,rebuilt themselves,ie new ground etc. Might do the shire some good in the long run,but they're no down yet,there's a bit of water to flow under the brig yet but it's not looking good for shire...

Archived