Haggling with Sky

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was with Sky, the best time to haggle over their sports package was at the end of the season, not the start. They expected people then to leave (May) and take on the movies instead. So when I went to cancel they offered me the next 12 months at a reduced rate. Right now they know the season is kicking off and so I doubt they'll budge.

Better waiting until October/November when they normally start offering deals on their sports packages.

A lot of people cancel over the summer and take it up again when the season starts so it makes no financial sense for Sky to make any offers just now.

In a couple of months the uptake rate for the Sports will have reduced significantly and that's the time to do something about it.

Workmate phoned up and cancelled his hoping they would give him a deal, he was paying £112 per month. They phoned him back the night before it was due to cut off and offered him 10 months at half price. This was just a few weeks ago.

Anyone had problems with the range of Skys broadband service? Had an engineer out who renewed the socket in my house, new wiring in the cabinet and sorted any issues at the exchange. The wifi in the livingroom etc is excellent but as soon as anything gets further than 10 feet from the hub, it drops off completely. He thinks its the build of my home and suggested wifi extenders or homeplugs (which i had in my previous home) but surely if im paying a premium to Sky for a service, they should be making sure i get it throughout my house?

Front Row Sports + Adblocker plus offers an excellent discount.

I just tried this & the man fae Sky, he say aye & says I'll be receiving a call soon about it. Let's hope when they call Il get a big discount too.

Grimbo

Anyone had problems with the range of Skys broadband service? Had an engineer out who renewed the socket in my house, new wiring in the cabinet and sorted any issues at the exchange. The wifi in the livingroom etc is excellent but as soon as anything gets further than 10 feet from the hub, it drops off completely. He thinks its the build of my home and suggested wifi extenders or homeplugs (which i had in my previous home) but surely if im paying a premium to Sky for a service, they should be making sure i get it throughout my house?

Sky were giving away WiFi boosters, we got a generic letter in offering us one but don't need it in our flat.

I've twice phoned up to quit and they gave me half price for a year.

It doesn't mean anything to them, you're crazy to pay the full price when it's value is obviously half of that. They basically just chance their arm with the standard prices.

They also make a fortune from people who pay for channels they don't use, especially the movie channels.They didn't used to hand out so many deals as they knew there were areas that didn't have the option of switching to Virgin, but now that BT have moved in they have more competition to contend with.

Archived