Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A single win in the last 14 meetings.

Just let that sink in.

What's your point ?

Celtic apparently hadn't lost a league game for sixty six games when they had scored first until Saturday.

Will say it again in case you didn't hear first time

Three points in bag for The Dons.

Desperately clinging onto that as if any of those meetings are even slightly relevant anymore :lol:

Comfy 2-0 Sheep win.

Past records often influence teams lMO.

For example if Hibs had won the Scottish Cup in the last 100 odd years they wouldn't choke every time they reach the final.

Few wild statements on here from fellow Dandies.

Our poor record against Hearts does nag at me for this one despite our start to the season.

I'll wait 'til I'm pished on Saturday night before making outrageous predictions that will bite me in the arse.

Looking forward to it though, not had an away day in ages.

Rarely get a result at Tynecastle.

Hearts over physical approach haa always got the better of us, but have players in the squad now that wont be bullied.

Just have to be aware of the diving etc, Hearts bound to appeal for AT LEAST 1 penalty.

Would take a draw right now.

Aberdeen are really shy of getting a penalty too.

Vast improvement on our recent performances needed if we're to get anything from this game. (stating the obvious)

Oshaniwa is out after throwing acid in that boy's face last week, so it's either Rossi or McGhee at left back.

Probably too early for Augustyn or Pallardo to start.

Sow could find himself on the bench after an insipid performance last week.

Hopefully, Gomis returns, and Walker starts.

Vast improvement on our recent performances needed if we're to get anything from this game. (stating the obvious)

Oshaniwa is out after throwing acid in that boy's face last week, so it's either Rossi or McGhee at left back.

Probably too early for Augustyn or Pallardo to start.

Sow could find himself on the bench after an insipid performance last week.

Hopefully, Gomis returns, and Walker starts.

The last time McGhee played left back he was a disaster, so definitely Rossi I'd imagine.

Is the Hayes appeal likely to succeed, I've no seen the tackle?

The last time McGhee played left back he was a disaster, so definitely Rossi I'd imagine.

Central pairing at the back of Ozturk and McGhee, though.

Been wondering for a while whether our strongest pairing in the centre of defence might be Augustyn and Rossi, in the unlikely event that everyone is fit.

Aberdeen are strong in the wide areas too, though.

A 50/50 in which he won the ball before slightly catching the man. Referee shat the bed.

We're four points clear in third just now so doing a good job of living up to those predictions so far.

You do still have to play the two strongest teams in the league though.

Moving on, I hope we go with the same line-up as the Celtic game. Ward in goals, solid back four of Logan, Taylor, Quinn and Considine with Logan pushing on down the right flank, Jack and Logan providing the base of the midfield with McLean in front and McGinn and Hayes (if available) in the wide areas and Rooney up top on his own. If Hayes is banned then sub in Flood/Smith/Pawlett/Goodwillie/Parker/Robson and do a bit of reshuffling.

Archived