Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Aye, he didn't look best pleased. Absolutely right not to be; he had Nadal today. The fact he retired before he was beaten outright takes some of the shine off it, and no doubt the injury will be used by some to avoid giving Murray the credit he deserves for a terrific performance.

Indeed, the record books will always show "ret" against the result rather than the crushing victory that it was heading toward.

I'm not so sure. I actually fancy Djokovic to beat Federer if they meet in the semi, and win the whole thing.

;)

Djokovic has been in poor form for an age. He wouldn't have gotten this far if he hadn't had an even easier draw than Murray. No surprise to see him blow up yet again today. Federer will wipe the floor with Tsonga.

So Murray has to go through Cilic and then almost certainly Federer to win. To be honest I'd much rather he met Federer in the final anyway. The weight of expectation if he faced someone other than Federer would be enormous and you may as well take out the big names yourself on the way if you are going to win.

Must be wary of Cilic though. He's no mug.

Must be wary of Cilic though. He's no mug.

He certainly isn't. He's just broken Murray in the first set to go 3-2 up, and he's giving Murray a bit of a run around. If this boy Cilic is knackered, I'd hate to see him on full throttle.

Cilic breaks Murray again (to love) to take the first set 6-3. First set Murray has lost in the tournament, it'll be interesting to see how he reacts.

There's only one player in it just now though. Cilic is in complete control.

Cilic has just won the first set, 6-3.

Possibly another US Open on our hands here, where Cilic absolutely murdered Murray in straight sets.

Murray must take his early oppertunities in the second, otherwise Cilic will grow in confidence and easily take the game to him.