Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

6-0 6-0 6-0. :lol:

I've genuinely never saw that happen before. Well under an hour as well I think.

He triple bagelled someone in a major a few years back didn't he?

I've never seen a match wrapped up in such quick time though.

He triple bagelled someone in a major a few years back didn't he?

I've never seen a match wrapped up in such quick time though.

6-0 6-0 6-1 v Alberto Martin in the 2007 Australian Open. He led 5-0 in the third too.

The Luxembourger won 15 points in the entire match :lol: .

Feel a bit for him.. that's the problem when you have 1 player and your entire country could fit into Princes Street.

There are probably Scottish standard players who would have beaten him.

It's good for tomorrow's crowd, but a bit of a shame for Murray that he has to bother playing Gilles Muller, when even if he loses, Ward will murder the other no hoper.

Still, a positive step to get Great Britain back to the World Group in a couple of years.. maybe one of the youngsters will have stepped up a bit by then to be a plausible second stringer.

Didn't get to see any of it, but why wasn't Muller playing in the doubles ? Their only hope of winning the tie was winning the doubles and then Muller pulling it out the bag against Murray. He won in straight sets yesterday so he surely can't need much resting. It's academic really but don't see the logic behind that decision at all.

Didn't get to see any of it, but why wasn't Muller playing in the doubles ? Their only hope of winning the tie was winning the doubles and then Muller pulling it out the bag against Murray. He won in straight sets yesterday so he surely can't need much resting. It's academic really but don't see the logic behind that decision at all.

No idea.. you are right, that was their only chance. Unless he happens to be a dreadful doubles player for some reason.

Don't know why Andy Murray played either. Can only assume he insisted, but why risk injury and why play 3 days a row when you have a perfectly good doubles player in Colin Fleming sitting watching you.

No idea.. you are right, that was their only chance. Unless he happens to be a dreadful doubles player for some reason.

Don't know why Andy Murray played either. Can only assume he insisted, but why risk injury and why play 3 days a row when you have a perfectly good doubles player in Colin Fleming sitting watching you.

He can't be any worse at doubles than either of the two that were playing (I'd fancy my chances against them!), he's got a good serve and in the match yesterday he volleyed pretty well, didn't get that decision at all.

Yip, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth if your coach doesn't have the confidence to play you against Luxembourg, would have thought it would have made more sense to let him get a win under his belt and give him some experience for when he's needed in the future.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Yip, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth if your coach doesn't have the confidence to play you against Luxembourg, would have thought it would have made more sense to let him get a win under his belt and give him some experience for when he's needed in the future.

I suspect it's a case of Leon Smith agreeing to anything Murray wants. Which I suppose he has to. I'm sure had the tie not been in Scotland Murray wouldn't have played in the doubles, if he even played at all.

Still, I'm glad he's played. I hope his recent non appearance have been down to him thinking John Lloyd is a cock. Hard to fault that really - as he's a massive w****r. Thuogh not as bad as his smurfy brother.

Comfortable win for Murray...

Team GB play the winners of Hungary v Belarus, which is apparently locked at 2-2.

We'll need Murray to play to win that tie. But if he does, we will. Onwards and upwards for the Brits..

Comfortable win for Murray...

Team GB play the winners of Hungary v Belarus, which is apparently locked at 2-2.

We'll need Murray to play to win that tie. But if he does, we will. Onwards and upwards for the Brits..

From a British point of view, as in the tennis team, they will want him knocked out of the US open early if he is going to play. If he gets deep into it, he will be knackered come the next Davis cup match.

But as you say, he is the only real hope Britain actually has of getting anywhere, becasue with him in the team, we know we can win at least 2 of the rubbers and it almost takes the pressure of the other guys slightly.