Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Wouldn't surprise me to see Del Potro win that one tbh. I reckon he'll be massively pumped up and just go for it in the forehand. A redlining JMDP is dangerous to anyone.

Djoko should win comfortably. Every shot of his will go to the Del Potro backhand!

Djoko should win comfortably. Every shot of his will go to the Del Potro backhand!

Whilst I agree with that sentiment and it's the correct tactic. If Del Potro redlines, there's possibly not an awful lot that Djokovic can do to stop it. It'll be an interesting match up that's for sure.

At least James McLean has principles. Murray is a spineless twat.

You should watch the documentary about the 20th anniversary of Dunblane before coming away with shite like that. For Murray to be a functional human being let alone be a world class athlete takes more spine than you've ever shown.

UK actually.
Wonder what NI think of Team GB

They don't have to represent it. Under the Good Friday Agreement any Northern Irish person can choose to represent the Republic if they prefer. The only exception is rugby sevens as the Irish Rugby Union said all Northern Irish players have to represent Ireland... not that it matters as they didn't qualify.

He's spineless. He wants the country broken up but hasn't the balls to actually come out and say it just allude to it.
If he had the courage of his convictions he would tell them to ram the flag carrying but he wouldn't because money is more important to him than his principles. Just like he will accept a knighthood- spineless and motivated by cash.

Far more respect for James McLean even if he we are from polar opposites.

^^^^^^
Idiot found.

For a 1st round Troicki was one of the toughest he could have got, however after that it is pretty plain sailing until the semi-finals.

He should have a good shot at the doubles, given their Davis Cup record they'd fancy beating anybody. The doubles scoring format can make it a bit of a lottery though, not a fan of it.

He's spineless. He wants the country broken up but hasn't the balls to actually come out and say it just allude to it.
If he had the courage of his convictions he would tell them to ram the flag carrying but he wouldn't because money is more important to him than his principles. Just like he will accept a knighthood- spineless and motivated by cash.

For once, I agree.

5 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Are you taking the piss?

I'm on the same mindset as Murray with this one. I am vocally pro-independence, but am still proud to be British. carrying the flag is a huge honour which he has every right to feel proud about. 

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

How can you be pro British and want to destroy the notion of Britishness?

Great Britain is an island you clown. I'm sure many Nordics/Scandinavians have that sense of identity in addition to that of their own respective nations which aren't in political union.

How can you be pro British and want to destroy the notion of Britishness?

Because I am proud of the history and shared culture we have on this island, but believe that Scotland would have a better future by not being in a political union with the nations we share the island with.

It's an easy concept to understand, if you aren't a moron.

Because I am proud of the history and shared culture we have on this island, but believe that Scotland would have a better future by not being in a political union with the nations we share the island with.

It's an easy concept to understand, if you aren't a moron.

Agreed.

The opposite can also be the case, i.e. being proud of being Scottish (more so than being British), but believing Scotland has a better future as part of the UK.

Actually think it is an actual good move by the authorities to pick Andy Murray (after Wiggins declined).  I may be overlooking someone I have totally forgotten about but I think he certainly is the most well known British athlete.  Although I wouldn't argue against Mo Farrah being the flag bearer considering the Olympics is the pinnacle in his sport and that isn't the case in tennis.

Going by the Chlamydia Kid's logic any pro Independence Scottish athletes should just pull out of the Olympics and not compete.  I voted for Scottish Independence but cheered on the GB Davis Cup team every time they play.

As has been mentioned the draw has been kind to Murray apart from the First Round.  He did get knocked out in the First Round n Beijing so he'll be better prepared for sure.  Djokovic has a tougher draw.  The blockbuster first round against Del Potro, Tsonga in the QF, Nadal in the SF.

The Murray brothers have been seeded 2 and have some very interesting potential matches.  Seppi/Fognini in R2, Pospisal/Nestor QF, Lopez/Nadal SF.  The other half of the draw is pretty strong as well.  Stepanek/Rosol could be a dark horse for a medal.  The Stepanek Berdych combination is one of the most successful in Davis Cup history.

Should be a very entertaining few weeks.