Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What the fuk is he doing against this jobber

He's hardly a jobber.  He is at his career peak ranking and has made small improvements the longer he has been on the tour.  He played exceptionally well in the second set.  Was very erratic in the third.  But as always Murray toughs out matches that would have escaped him before.

The court doesn't look very good at all, there are some erratic bounces off it, the conditions being wet mean the courts play slower.  I want Nishikori wins as Murray will rip him apart.  Monfils is a better Fognini, you just never know what is going to happen.

If it is to be a Murray Nadal final I would take Murray to win in four.  However Murray and Nadal haven't looked that impressive.  Monfils has impressed me the most out of everyone.

That third set had it all.  I think you'll be hard pushed to find a more entertaining match getting played at the highest level than that match today.  Nadal and Del Potro have shown that they are back from their injury hells and the winner was tennis.

Del Potro has beaten Wawrinka, Djokovic and Nadal since his return from injury and his backhand is getting better.  I think Murray will expose that backhand tomorrow but any short balls will give Del Potro time to run around on to his forehand.  I can't quite bring myself to support Del Potro but I will be delighted for him if he takes the Gold.

Best of 5 sets plays in Murray's favour. On the other hand the crowd will be a total pain in the arse, as they've been all week, and I'd expect them to be pretty pro Del Potro, or at least the ones that are will be more vocal. Murray's normally brilliant against noisy crowds but I just hope he doesn't get too distracted. Hopefully he can pummel Del Potro's background using his cross-court backhand.

Only saw the last couple of games of JMDP - Nadal but there were a fair amount of folk shouting as Delpo was readying to serve, guess there's a Brazil vs Argentina thing going on though there are obviously are a fairly large and vocal Argie support in the crowd too.

52 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Only saw the last couple of games of JMDP - Nadal but there were a fair amount of folk shouting as Delpo was readying to serve, guess there's a Brazil vs Argentina thing going on though there are obviously are a fairly large and vocal Argie support in the crowd too.

Happened for the entire match when both players were going to serve. Felt a bit sorry for the Umpire, tried his best to get them to shut up but there's nothing you can do. Well, apart from learning a couple of phrases in Portuguese. I know English is widely spoken but pleading with a purely Portuguese and Spanish speaking crowd to be quiet in a language foreign to most of them unsurprisingly doesn't get very far. 

54 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Best of 5 sets plays in Murray's favour. On the other hand the crowd will be a total pain in the arse, as they've been all week, and I'd expect them to be pretty pro Del Potro, or at least the ones that are will be more vocal. Murray's normally brilliant against noisy crowds but I just hope he doesn't get too distracted. Hopefully he can pummel Del Potro's background using his cross-court backhand.

Aye agree 5 sets puts it well in Murray's favour but after everything Del Potro has been through,  the Argentenian support and most of all showing glimpses of his best tennis, name on the trophy. 

8 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Happened for the entire match when both players were going to serve. Felt a bit sorry for the Umpire, tried his best to get them to shut up but there's nothing you can do. Well, apart from learning a couple of phrases in Portuguese. I know English is widely spoken but pleading with a purely Portuguese and Spanish speaking crowd to be quiet in a language foreign to most of them unsurprisingly doesn't get very far. 

The crowd has been terrible in every game I've watched. Shouting out on serves and constantly walking about in between points. The one saving grace is that thanks to Djokovic's early exit we don't have to put up with that hideous "Nole" chant.

Should be a classic match tonight. Just wonder how much Del potro will have left in the tank? Had to dig very deep again last night to clinch it. Over 3 sets fine but best of 5 plays into Murray's hand. Murray just has that same look he had at Wimbledon in that he just knows and believes he is winning this. Murray in 4