What's Your Username All About?

Dee Man

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fad2ede5cf4e66a495076f1467d08fa5_400x400

Named in tribute to the former Springfield Nuclear Power Plant employee of the month in recognition of his long overlooked "tireless efforts" which the plant could not function without, the inanimate carbon rod.

I have a beech hedge running the length of my garden which I need to keep trimmed, and with this being the iconic feature of Brechin City FC, it was something I found fitting.

The avatar is of somebody who is cutting a hedge, although due to limitations on what's available on Google image search, it's not actually a beech hedge, so it's actually a rotten avatar which looks good to those who don't see fine detail.

The fact that I joined P&B whilst living in a garden-less flat and I hate gardening now I've moved to a house with a large-ish garden is of complete irrelevance.

In a long since culled thread Radford set out the ranking system for usernames - your own name or team name in your username put you down to something like a Grade 3, with neither rightfully giving you a Grade 1.

Mine's a Grade 1.

I've went to chance my avatar a few times over the years but it's kinda stuck now.

I have a mate who was getting stalked by Div begging him to stay on here. Worked out well for everyone though. Div kept his box office poster and the lad in question went on to invent Weetabix.

This sites all the better for it Ryan ;)

My avatar is 80's/90's Detroit slugger Thomas Hearns, he was at his peak during the golden era of middleweight boxers, vying with Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and Iran Barkley for supremacy and titles, he fought them all with a mixture of wins and losses and a draw in his second bout with Leonard when he was totally robbed.

Hearns was my favourite as he was just a pure raw fighter, no frills or ego or showmanship just a street brawler when the bell went, his three round fight with Hagler is rated by many as the best and most brutal fight ever, Hearns broke his wrist in the first round so hard he cracked Marvellous Marvin round the nut while his stoppage of Roberto Duran is one of THE best knockout punches ever

This sites all the better for it Ryan ;)

My avatar is 80's/90's Detroit slugger Thomas Hearns, he was at his peak during the golden era of middleweight boxers, vying with Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and Iran Barkley for supremacy and titles, he fought them all with a mixture of wins and losses and a draw in his second bout with Leonard when he was totally robbed.

Hearns was my favourite as he was just a pure raw fighter, no frills or ego or showmanship just a street brawler when the bell went, his three round fight with Hagler is rated by many as the best and most brutal fight ever, Hearns broke his wrist in the first round so hard he cracked Marvellous Marvin round the nut while his stoppage of Roberto Duran is one of THE best knockout punches ever

You could've just told us who the avatar was rather than all that tedious pish, The Bhoy Who Invented Dave Magee.

Archived