Ross County v Celtic 8-11-15

Celtic will continue to have this sizeable, vile element for as long as the club does little to tackle it and 'decent' supporters tolerate or defend it.

The clubs publicly distanced themselves from the supporters this morning, so its just the fans who claim to be in the "majority" who are left defending the "minority"

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clubs publicly distanced themselves from the supporters this morning, so its just the fans who claim to be in the "majority" who are left defending the "minority"

What was the club stance?

What action is intended?

It really is pretty disgusting stuff.

What was the club stance? What action is intended? It really is pretty disgusting stuff.

They've called it a disgrace and plan to ban the fans/warned them to stay away. Whether anything comes from it or not, its nice the club have actually acknowledged it this time and made a point of condemning it.

They've called it a disgrace and plan to ban the fans/warned them to stay away. Whether anything comes from it or not, its nice the club have actually acknowledged it this time and made a point of condemning it.

They'll do the usual....nothing.

f**k me Remembrance Sunday has become a circus these days.

From the **** who can't stay quiet for 1 minute to respect it and their ignorance to what it actually means, to the embarrassing **** armed forces parade at ibrox again, ignoring what it actually means.

Then to the poppy nazis who question anyone not wearing one.

Honestly I'm sure it never used to be such a circus.

If Celtic can't be trusted to remain silent during the minute silence. Then ban them from playing on remembrance weekend.

Unfortunately your also stopping the other clubs fans from attending football but it's getting ridiculous

There you go, you have found the answer, ban Celtic fans from any away game on the day because they are spoiling your remembrance, simples

What was the club stance? What action is intended? It really is pretty disgusting stuff.

They asked fans to observe the silence

They donated £10K to Poppy Scotland

They intend to shoot the last person in every second row

f**k me Remembrance Sunday has become a circus these days.

From the **** who can't stay quiet for 1 minute to respect it and their ignorance to what it actually means, to the embarrassing **** armed forces parade at ibrox again, ignoring what it actually means.

Then to the poppy nazis who question anyone not wearing one.

Honestly I'm sure it never used to be such a circus.

It never was, IMO it's morphed into a grotesque game of who can have the biggest shinest poppy and who can do a remembrance better than us. Monkey was right it's pretty disgusting stuff

An American invention based on a Canadians poem , with all the people involved now dead.

Boo.

Hoo.

I'm sure it had went out of fashion in the 30's afore WW2 stoked it all up again.

'Celebrate' it if you want, 'disrupt' if you want. It's what they fought for.....

Plus, football stadiums used to be a place where political views could be aired. Indeed, sometimes it was the only place.

'Family' branding for football over the last few decades is seeing the end of this, and that is what is fucking disgraceful.

Really was two separate halves to this game. Very even first half but we totally hammered County in the 2nd.

Was angry at Ronnie, his squad selection in my opinion was totally disrespectful of County. The kind of side you'd put out against dross or once you'd already won the league. Think we got lucky in the end but until the Rogic strike I was sure we were heading for a scoreless draw or even a loss.

Is Stefan Johansen still fooling anyone?

Yeah, what the f**k's going on with Johansen? Should've been dropped weeks ago, although Deila loves him too much. Feel for Allan, must be shite not getting a game over Johansen or Armstrong at the moment

I thought we looked ok in spells, with the first half very even. But in the second half we fell apart. Both Woods and Boyd had far too many poor moments yesterday, heavily involved in most of the goals we conceded.

McShane didnt impress either really, some decent moments, but maybe needs more game time tho to develop some confidence/presence?

Don't know why Murdoch is not a regular starter? Especially in Quinn's absence. Cant be that much of a coincidence that our form has gone down since Quinn got injured?

We gave away far too many chances with slack midfield play/terrible defending (which is pretty much my sentence about Woods and Boyds...) But I didn't think we deserved to get beat 4-1.

We had chances to score a few, but just couldn't get the final ball/finish right often enough. Boyce header was close but could have done better, Irvine's fresh-air swipe was poor, and McShane's touch from Boyce's lovey wee pass was far too heavy. When Woods finally allowed someone else to take a set-piece McShane played a great corner right onto his toe, so Woods foot just turned into mashed potato and the ball melted out of play pathetically for a goal kick. A few others too, was so frustrating.

Thought Rogic and Izaguirre looked particularly good for Celtic. Rest of their team was as expected (ie - everyone else played to form, Griffiths was good, Johansson pretty anonymous, etc.)

(No idea what has happened to my formatting here?!

There you go, you have found the answer, ban Celtic fans from any away game on the day because they are spoiling your remembrance, simples

They asked fans to observe the silence

They donated £10K to Poppy Scotland

They intend to shoot the last person in every second row

It never was, IMO it's morphed into a grotesque game of who can have the biggest shinest poppy and who can do a remembrance better than us. Monkey was right it's pretty disgusting stuff

That could work.

Yeah, what the f**k's going on with Johansen? Should've been dropped weeks ago, although Deila loves him too much. Feel for Allan, must be shite not getting a game over Johansen or Armstrong at the moment

Allan hasn't been fit. He was injured then has had some catching up to do based on half arsed pre-season and dietary issues involving his illness.

We go through this exact same carry on every year

Except for the year County forgot to have a silence before we played Celtic and County were accused of being in the pocket of Lawell.

That game resulted in a rare 1-4 home defeat for County.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/207240-ross-county-v-celtic/page-1

As a Celtic fan I do find the disruption of the minutes silence annoying and unnecessary. Celtic players were amongst those that died in WW1 and my own grandad died in the 2nd world war. Surely we can pay our respect for one minute. By all means don't buy a poppy if you don't want to but this doesn't make our fans look very good at all. The sad thing is I don't really know what we can do about it.

As a Celtic fan I do find the disruption of the minutes silence annoying and unnecessary. Celtic players were amongst those that died in WW1 and my own grandad died in the 2nd world war. Surely we can pay our respect for one minute. By all means don't buy a poppy if you don't want to but this doesn't make our fans look very good at all. The sad thing is I don't really know what we can do about it.

Spot on.

Name and shame the folk who are too juvenile to observe. Identity them and ban them from away matches?

Archived