ZANDERs, eh?

Who thought it would be cool to drop the "A" from Alexander?

It's not.

Alexanders can choose to be Alex, Sandy, Sanny or even Lex if they want, but honestly, Zander??

On a par with Nigel, Neville and Cecil, IMO.

.......and not a patch on Rudolph, any of 'em.

Sanny would mean cruel and unusual punishment on the playground and would possibly incite a breach of the law being as he would inevitably be known as Paddy.

P.S. I agree about fucking Zander though. The name, not the footballer I hasten to add.

Edited by welshbairn

According to my 18 year old son 'I'm living in the dark ages' because I still use an ipod, apparently I should be streaming everything through an iphone 6 or some other shite.I was happier back in the day, making up compilation tapes. :(

My tape deck didn't have a pause button so you had to switch it off at the wall to achieve the seamless authentic DJ switch between tunes taped off the radio on a Sunday night. I had one side of a C60 tape filled with Going Underground cos it was number 1 for ages.

According to my 18 year old son 'I'm living in the dark ages' because I still use an ipod, apparently I should be streaming everything through an iphone 6 or some other shite.I was happier back in the day, making up compilation tapes. :(

Carnoustie.

I love my iPod and thought I was thoroughly modern and down with the kids using it. I still have a vinyl collection and a turntable in my living room but, truth be told, hardly ever use it. Progress.

I love my iPod and thought I was thoroughly modern and down with the kids using it. I still have a vinyl collection and a turntable in my living room but, truth be told, hardly ever use it. Progress.

I still have my turntable and LPs but they've been packed away for years.

Ever since I went to put an LP on and found a Christmas one sitting on the deck.

This was in May.......

The day my iPod packs it in, I'm walking off into the woods and going feral.

BTW I still have a functioning Technics tape deck AND a Sony mini-disc recorder. f**k YIR CLOUD.

The day my iPod packs it in, I'm walking off into the woods and going feral.

BTW I still have a functioning Technics tape deck AND a Sony mini-disc recorder. f**k YIR CLOUD.

Similarly: my turntable and cassette deck are Technics - bought in 1984 with an FM/AM tuner. The original amplifier has since departed and been replaced by a German one off the internet. (When I ordered that, about 5 years ago, it was delivered here next day!) We added a new fangled CD player about 1986 and it's still great - about the size of the biggest Corn Flakes box!