St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People suggesting we were lucky to beat St Mirren are clearly forgetting the point St Mirren robbed off us in Paisley.

I call this justice.

Also sick of reading how the red card changed the game. We've started many games poorly and then blew teams away 2nd half. It's an I'll informed opinion to say we wouldn't have beaten St Mirren 11 v 11.

It's widely said beating a team with 10 men isn't easy. I've watched football for 30 years and it's definitely not a given you will win because they have a man extra.

Was Quinn OK on Saturday then?  He's not the complete player but I have a big soft spot for him, because he tends to bring out better in others around him.  He did have the odd injury - then a long term rehab from a hip op - but I wouldn't say he had a reputation for being injured all the time.  He was reliable 2011-13 and mostly just fell out of favour after that.

32 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I wonder how many clubs see themselves like that, I know Ayr historically do, with the exception of the murn this season, anyone else?

We have a decent claim to that title, with Clydebank registering their only win of the 99/00 season against us.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I wonder how many clubs see themselves like that, I know Ayr historically do, with the exception of the murn this season, anyone else?

Yup, our fans say things like this too. Heard Tam Cowan on Off The Ball claim similar about Motherwell.

So pretty much fans of most teams say it.

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Yea think everyone has fans that say it, it is of course clichéd nonsense. The 2-0 home wins to a struggling team just aren't as memorable as losing games you were big favourites for.

What is a 2-0 home win?

In fact, what is a win?

St mirren will stay up, teams like Dunfermline are sinking quickly and once they get one win they will close the gap

We've not been sinking at all. We've been in and around 8th/9th place most of the season. We're just shite and St. Mirren are worse. Would take something special for them not to finish bottom. Either Ayr, QoS, Dumbo or ourselves will occupy 9th place. We look the favourites at the moment.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We've not been sinking at all. We've been in and around 8th/9th place most of the season. We're just shite and St. Mirren are worse. Would take something special for them not to finish bottom. Either Ayr, QoS, Dumbo or ourselves will occupy 9th place. We look the favourites at the moment.

Mods, FFS

Archived