T in the Park 2016

Ira Gaines

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I'd seen The Music instead of R.E.M. Was really looking forward to them and they were sorely disappointing I thought. Didn't help that the tent was packed out for The Thrills who were one of the main bands I wanted to see on the Sunday.

Wish I'd seen The Music instead of R.E.M. Was really looking forward to them and they were sorely disappointing I thought. Didn't help that the tent was packed out for The Thrills who were one of the main bands I wanted to see on the Sunday.

Me too! Went with REM 'cos the folk I was with wanted to see them but loved The Music. I actually saw them mid-afternoon at T the year before in King Tuts tent and was blown away.

Will always be my one big regret at TITP not seeing them headline. After that, I swore to just go off on my own and see who I wanted to see rather than compromise. 

Their show at Glasgow QMU on their final tour is still one of my favourite gigs ever.

• 4 weeks later...

Bearing in mind last year's bottlenecks it's definitely a good idea.

They seem to be trying to fix some of last year's issues which is a good sign.

That assumes they don't also increase capacity.

That assumes they don't also increase capacity.

Fair point.

They've added Hot Dub Time Machine to the Thursday night which is absolutely magic. I've been at Summerhall in Edinburgh and it was the best DJ set I've ever been to. I can't really remember past 1995 but what a blast it was!

NotThePars, on 08 Apr 2016 - 12:07, said:

Has it even sold out recently?

It hasn't sold out since 2011. And there's been absolutely nothing about a capacity increase, which is what I would be expecting.

• 4 weeks later...

If they're decreasing the capacity by 15,000 and there's still a shitload of tickets left, I don't think that potential ending is a bad prediction. They fucked it last year, and it's going to be very hard to recover from.

They've done a lot of work to try and rectify a lot of the problems, and that's fair enough, but the roads around the site are still a nightmare and I can't imagine folk taking the buses up will be happy with a 45 minute walk from the buses to the site.

Basically, I don't think it can last much longer where it is. If they move site, they might well be able to attract a lot of folk back.

If they're decreasing the capacity by 15,000 and there's still a shitload of tickets left, I don't think that potential ending is a bad prediction. They fucked it last year, and it's going to be very hard to recover from.

They've done a lot of work to try and rectify a lot of the problems, and that's fair enough, but the roads around the site are still a nightmare and I can't imagine folk taking the buses up will be happy with a 45 minute walk from the buses to the site.

Basically, I don't think it can last much longer where it is. If they move site, they might well be able to attract a lot of folk back.

Decrease in capacity, and they're trying to offer free travel to people who buy tickets over the next few days. It's turning into an embarassment.

Decrease in capacity, and they're trying to offer free travel to people who buy tickets over the next few days. It's turning into an embarassment.

Sounds like they've messed up a good thing.  

That said, reduced capacity and free travel would both entice me to go were the lineup not so damned insufferable.

Archived