T in the Park 2016

Ira Gaines

I first went to T in 1999. The place was most definitely drug free back then. Honest....

Must have cleaned it up cos I was swedgered out my nut for The Prodigy in 95.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You write the word "cocaine" on the side of it, as seemingly thats not something security will confiscate. 

Seen a couple videos from the Stone Roses just now, Ian Brown sounds atrocious, even worse than usual 

The Courteeners, meanwhile, looked fucking outstanding. Not to mention their new album is finished. Really annoyed I couldn't go this year :(

17 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The Courteeners, meanwhile, looked fucking outstanding. Not to mention their new album is finished. Really annoyed I couldn't go this year :(

Aye, The crowd they got was mental, you would think they were headlining 

53 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

How can glorified dance PAs attract tens of thousands?

scotland always laps up utter shite like this ever since the days of Rez.

the slam tent would tell them to bolt, they're pish. Weird.

It's not just Scotland that laps it up. Hence how Calvin Harris can play almost every week of the summer in Vegas.

Aye, The crowd they got was mental, you would think they were headlining 

I think they're too divisive and nowhere near as much of a global pull (I'm not sure if they've ever toured abroad). You get c***s like me who'll lap up anything they serve, and you get people who despise them.

Seen a bit on tv pyro everywhere

Yeah, I saw one of my mates' videos. Couldn't see the stage :lol:

28 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think they're too divisive and nowhere near as much of a global pull (I'm not sure if they've ever toured abroad). You get c***s like me who'll lap up anything they serve, and you get people who despise them.

Yeah, I saw one of my mates' videos. Couldn't see the stage :lol:

They seem to have some sort of cult following at T and they always play a blinding set, it feels like they only place they could go from here would be to headline but as you said, they're not that big a pull.  

It's a strange situation with them though, they've got a proper devoted fanbase who'll go to every gig they put on, and they were able to sell out Heaton Park, but i just think they've been stuck at the O2 Academy type level for years now, and i'm no sure if they'll go past it. They'll keep releasing albums that'll do OK but it feels like they'll be forever stuck in the sub headlining slot. I actually think they're probably more popular in Scotland than anywhere else tbh, maybe barring Manchester.

They seem to have some sort of cult following at T and they always play a blinding set, it feels like they only place they could go from here would be to headline but as you said, they're not that big a pull.  

It's a strange situation with them though, they've got a proper devoted fanbase who'll go to every gig they put on, and they were able to sell out Heaton Park, but i just think they've been stuck at the O2 Academy type level for years now, and i'm no sure if they'll go past it. They'll keep releasing albums that'll do OK but it feels like they'll be forever stuck in the sub headlining slot. I actually think they're probably more popular in Scotland than anywhere else tbh, maybe barring Manchester.

That second paragraph's just about spot on. The crowd last year was like nothing I had ever seen before (and I genuinely don't think I'll go to a gig that'll come close to it). If this fifth album doesn't go down a storm, though, I don't think they'll ever step up to headlining and playing at arenas.

Archived