T in the Park 2016

Ira Gaines

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said at the top of the page, one of the most successful newish festivals is Parklife which is two days, no camping and relatively inexpensive in comparison to other major festivals. They have the benefit though of also running the Warehouse Project and numerous foreign festivals as well as being one of the biggest established electronic music promoters in the country. 

Wouldn't be surprised if it was never on again, which would be a huge shame. However if they could get it right and have it in 2018 there's a good chance it would sell out, with the obvious increase in demand and the year out giving folk time to forget any bad experiences they've had. Needs to get punted from Strathallan pronto if it's going to be a success though.

That statement mentions everything but the poor ticket sales? Seems like everybody else is to blame but themselves. They should have took a year or 2 out after they were 'forced' to move from balado and find a better site. That might have saved it.

The years I enjoyed TITP most were when there were more of my (decent) mates, which made the campsite a great laugh, regardless of shitey weather etc. However this stopped (for me) almost completely in 2015. As, even with a good laugh in the campsite, the poor organisation and the sheer amount of shite acts made it considerably less enjoyable than previous years.

There's a direct link with the demise in decent acts and the rise of utter bams going, and I can't see it returning to good acts/less c***s any time soon.

A "year out" statement, Glastonbury excluded, is usually the beginning of the end for festivals.

In the last year alone that has been the case for Rockness and Wickerman in Scotland. The latter confirmed just this week.

How does that leave the festival scene up here? Is Belladrum still going?

"We now need to take stock and take a year out to try to resolve the issues so that we can once again deliver the kind of camping festival you are used to and deserve."

If as suggested the Glasgow Green event would be non camping, then the end of their statement implies that's not what they're hoping to go to. It's fucked IMO, which after going so many years is sad but not surprising

Archived