T in the Park 2016

Ira Gaines

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

"We now need to take stock and take a year out to try to resolve the issues so that we can once again deliver the kind of camping festival you are used to and deserve."

If as suggested the Glasgow Green event would be non camping, then the end of their statement implies that's not what they're hoping to go to. It's fucked IMO, which after going so many years is sad but not surprising

I'm not reading too much into that tbh. I reckon they'll try this Glasgow Green thing and see how it goes before making any decisions on the future of T in the Park.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do they not normally do earlybird tickets? If so then refunds will be due. Or did they sack that when the sales started slumping?

Haven't seen the usual slew of people on Facebook saying they'd bought them this year so didn't think they had got to that stage yet

Went to T the last couple of years as a subsitute for Rockness, now there's neither. Shite state of affairs. Can't be arsed going to England for a festival so Belladrum will have to suffice.

You should just pay Kim the busker £20 to play a four hour set in your garden.

It's a sad state of affairs indeed, 2008 was about the peak time for festivals, there were loads on in Scotland around then. With the demise of TITP, Rockness and the Arches in the past few years it really is a totally different scene now for many 20 somethings who like to indulge in that sort of thing.

It's a sad state of affairs indeed, 2008 was about the peak time for festivals, there were loads on in Scotland around then. With the demise of TITP, Rockness and the Arches in the past few years it really is a totally different scene now for many 20 somethings who like to indulge in that sort of thing.

A lot of the arches stuff has been moved to SWG3.

Been going to TITP since 2010. Was making 2016 my last year anyway. The walk to and from the drop off site this year was an absolute joke. 

A 2 day, non-camping festival at Glasgow Green would be ideal. Easy travelling on a train and would likely deter the neds and jakies as there would be no camping. Unless they make it a big slamtent-esque festival, which I doubt. Something like the 2014 Big Weekend would be decent.

Hopefully this'll be the end for TITP. Shame to see it go, as it was a truly great festival back in the day, but it's just became a total farce now. 

Feel quite sorry for a lot of my pals that love it but tbh I couldn't care less. Just quite happy that I'll now not have to put up with weeks n weeks of people sharing terrible 'TITP banter' on social media thinking it's all hilarious when the vast majority of it is just people behaving like scum.

Glasgow green thing sounds brilliant too. I'd be keen for a weekender down in Glasgow listening to music and then going out at night after it.

Hopefully this happens.

^^^Exactly this.

Went to TITP 7 years on the trot from 1999 to 2006, but with 05 being a bit meh and then coming home from 06 disappointed I hadn't spent the cash in something else, I knew it was time to call it a day as it was turning into a pile of crap.

Good riddance IMO.

Two of the best lineups the festival ever had came after that. 2011 is probably the best non Glastonbury festival lineup there's been for a very long time.

2006 was when it started getting more popular and got bigger. I went 03 - 2013 but missed 2012 when I was out the country. Think 2008 with Rage against the Machine was the most memorable year for line up, then 2011 was just amazing as well. 2010 was the worst for weather and pretty forgettable line up, 2013 was the worst line up of all but the amazing weather brought back all the old magic for me after a year off it. Never heard much about the last year at Balado but the two years at Strath Allan sounded shite so I'm glad it's all over with.

Went this year and not surprised to see it taking a break. Numbers seemed down and there was very little atmosphere around. Crowds were very low even at usually popular bands like Frightened Rabbit. 

Reckon the distance and logistical problems killed it for many. The beauty of Balado was that it was close to the motorway and fairly central. You could get a bus from Edinburgh and then jump on one home when you'd had enough avoiding the pissed up zoomers on the last bus. Strathallan was a nightmare. Too far away and you had to wait until midnight to get out and then you had to suffer the worst of the bams. Reckon that alone would cut down the number of day trippers as no one over the age of 25 and in their right mind wants to stay on a campsite with thousands of teenagers. 

This Glasgow Green thing sounds decent. If that's a success I reckon TITP has gone forever. 

Yes and Calvin Harris was used for years in a row as well. Not sure what bands there were available each year that would have been a better option though. Radiohead and Daft Punk never headlined which would have attracted a different crowd. Think the festival was doomed anyway even if it stayed in Balado.

Archived