T in the Park 2016

Ira Gaines

That's 3 deid, 1 rape and umpteen paggers. If it happened in a football ground the authorities would be up in arms

The plug should have been pulled on this shite years ago. Put this shite to bed once and for all

No one is condoning anything that's happened (apart from the drugs) but TITP is on for 4 days (not 2 hours) and has about 100,000 people at it.

My guess is that in a town like Kilmarnock or Paisley you'll probably a couple of deaths from drugs and a rape or serious assault etc in a weekend. Its not a TITP thing its just a Scottish thing.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

No one is condoning anything that's happened (apart from the drugs) but TITP is on for 4 days (not 2 hours) and has about 100,000 people at it.

My guess is that in a town like Kilmarnock or Paisley you'll probably a couple of deaths from drugs and a rape or serious assault etc in a weekend. Its not a TITP thing its just a Scottish thing.

It was Chelsea fans

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Add that to the fact that folk at T tend to go a bit mental and drink/take much more than they would on a normal Saturday night. Not really comparable with the football

I went for the first time on Sunday just for the day. While I'm glad that I can cross off going on my list of stuff to do in life I'm not in any great rush to return unless I get to play at it. So many neds, and the mud was atrocious by the time that my group of 5 got there - traipsing through that yellow campsite to get from the car to the place was a hard slog given the conditions underfoot.

Started off by watching Slaves (not bad given I knew about 2 of their tunes beforehand) then heading to see Maximo Park. Enjoyed them but since I usually go to see them with at least 7-10 other mates and we make a sesh of it, it wasn't quite the same being the only one in the group who was desperate to see them. Enjoyed it and the new tune Risk To Exist will no doubt be ingrained in my mind soon but something was lacking overall. Faithless were next - not the kind of act I'd go to see at one of their own gigs but they were smashing, loved every tune. I'd definitely go to see them again no problem if they played Glasgow. After that I put up with Chase and Status (more like chase yersel amirite) to get a good spot down the front for RHCP who I enjoyed a lot. The sound/atmosphere when I watched their set on iPlayer was nothing compared to the actual gig, it sounded really good down the front.

Like I said before, I'm in no rush to go back and I wouldn't fancy the camping at all but I'm glad I did it. I won't be surprised if this is the last one they hold. 

I doubt we'll be seeing the end of TITP anytime soon since it's such a potential cash cow for Geoff Ellis but I could certainly see them taking a sabbatical for a year to find a sustainable site and build up interest again.
Take a year out, find somewhere decent to hold it and come back with a massive headliner and it would probably sell out pretty much straight away.

8 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I doubt we'll be seeing the end of TITP anytime soon since it's such a potential cash cow for Geoff Ellis but I could certainly see them taking a sabbatical for a year to find a sustainable site and build up interest again.
Take a year out, find somewhere decent to hold it and come back with a massive headliner and it would probably sell out pretty much straight away.

Apparently it actually ended up selling a decent amount of tickets, hence Ellis' sudden ballsy attitude about the whole thing after months of desperation. Not hearing the same shite about the venue this year either, so I wonder how much of that stuff has been sorted.

Apparently it actually ended up selling a decent amount of tickets, hence Ellis' sudden ballsy attitude about the whole thing after months of desperation. Not hearing the same shite about the venue this year either, so I wonder how much of that stuff has been sorted.

Ive read a lot of people moaning about the distance between campsite, stages etc.. Now I don't know if this was purely down to the weather, people being moany wee bitches or an actual issue.

The layout of T this year was a joke, the main entrance to the bit where you show tickets was a good 2 mile walk, then it was another trek to the campsite. The campsite to the arena was a joke to.

Still had a quality time but doubt i'll be going back anytime soon, for camping anyway.

22 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

The layout of T this year was a joke, the main entrance to the bit where you show tickets was a good 2 mile walk, then it was another trek to the campsite. The campsite to the arena was a joke to.

Still had a quality time but doubt i'll be going back anytime soon, for camping anyway.

Were you camped in yellow or took the route via yellow to the arena? If yes to either of those then I understand how it could be a far distance but there was arena entrances near blue and green. 

Were you camped in yellow or took the route via yellow to the arena? If yes to either of those then I understand how it could be a far distance but there was arena entrances near blue and green. 

Camped in green, getting to the main stage from green wasnt to bad but anything else was a bit of a mission

15 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Ive read a lot of people moaning about the distance between campsite, stages etc.. Now I don't know if this was purely down to the weather, people being moany wee bitches or an actual issue.

15 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

And there you have it, moany wee bitches it is.

Seen quite a few videos on facebook of some of the antics that went down at the festival. Has it always been such a scummy festival? I've got next to no interest in going again after seeing some of those videos.

The layout of the site always involved treks (the west drop-off point to the entrance at Balado was a good 30 minute trek with any amount of drink to carry); any gathering of 100,000 or whatever pissed-up people in Scotland (or most other places for that matter) is going to generate a handful of incidents. 

I'd add 'delusional, rose-tinted nostalgia for Balado' alongside 'whining little bitches' as factors for its probable demise then. I suspect that moving from Balado broke a bit of a habit with many festivalgoers - which accounts for the festival being viewed far more critically in terms of its layout and bampot factor than before.  

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Is the site big and secure enough? Can see the place being over run with folk trying to get in for free. Its not a bad idea, but would Bellahouston be a better site?

It's fine for a major no camping festival as has been proven in the past.

I'll need to be convinced more that it's even a thing though, given the source here is... erm... less than reliable to say the least.

I feel a big part of what made T so good for me in the years I went was being in the campsite with my pals, would be shite to lose that. Obviously a music festival should be about the music but it can't be denied camping made T for a lot of folk

Archived