The Dundee United Relegation Express

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

95/96 was a great season.

United, Dundee, Dunfermline and Morton all recorded 5 figure crowds whilst St Johnston had a 9980.

Proving that what Scottish football really needs is competition and it would be absolutely fine.

Technically, that was the Jehovahs Witnesses.

95/96 was a great season.

United, Dundee, Dunfermline and Morton all recorded 5 figure crowds whilst St Johnston had a 9980.

Proving that what Scottish football really needs is competition and it would be absolutely fine.

Things change. In the last 20 years there has been a significant change in players' demands, stadia requirements, reliance on TV money, supporters' expectations, my hair and waistline.

I know people who used to be season ticket holders who only now go to matches occasionally. I think some fans (not just Arabs) who have unrealistic expectations about what their small, provincial clubs who have been in the Premiership for a few seasons should achieve. A small, anecdotal, example of this was the size of the away support on Saturday.

None of the match reports I read, and none of the TV highlights (ICT's own aside) mentioned/showed the Gunning incident.

Why? There's absolutely no way they could have missed it, and it's equally ridiculous to think they wouldn't have considered it newsworthy...

Not saying that the back pages should have been "GUNNING SHAME: WALKS OFF PITCH!" but it seems to have barely been mentioned.

Curiouser and curiouser...

None of the match reports I read, and none of the TV highlights (ICT's own aside) mentioned/showed the Gunning incident.

Why? There's absolutely no way they could have missed it, and it's equally ridiculous to think they wouldn't have considered it newsworthy...

Not saying that the back pages should have been "GUNNING SHAME: WALKS OFF PITCH!" but it seems to have barely been mentioned.

They're trying to work in a commentary that doesn't include the words "I've never seen anything like this, Gunning isn't a fucking nut job". They've not managed so far.

It was on sky sports news "ref watch" Dermot Gallagher couldn't believe he wasn't booked

I can still see Kilmarnock finishing in 12th place and United grabbing the play off spot

Have you seen United?  They look like beaten men.  I've no idea what you're basing this on.

Have you seen United?  They look like beaten men.  I've no idea what you're basing this on.

To be fair, some weeks the team look like desperate men and, occasionally, like demented men. It's led to a few half decent results in recent months even if it's eye bleedingly awful to watch.

We're doon though, no question about that, but we might still kick a few folk on the way.

Archived