New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

Well that didn't take long, new build commuter found [emoji4]

Well see you'd be completely correct other than the fact I rarely drive to work and live and work in the centre of Edinburgh. So actually you're totally wrong in every sense. Try again?

Was googling Forth Bridge crash and found this...

http://www.hmslowestoft.co.uk/bridge.htm

bridge-5.jpg

When the road bridge was opened there was some warship display. Unfortunately it was foggy and a couple of them banged into each other (not sure of natical term). Didn't sink though. A wee unexpected holiday in Rosyth resulted for the crew. 

Edited by Shandon Par

bridge-5.jpg&key=0491d4cfa43ff66eb7a7427248e8f9f6b32c90c28f16d33aacb7ca712f62dea6
When the road bridge was opened there was some warship display. Unfortunately it was foggy and a couple of them banged into each other (not sure of natical term). Didn't sink though. A wee unexpected holiday in Rosyth resulted for the crew. 

Left hand down a bit

30 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That was you was it?

Next time, get off the fucking road before you come to a complete standstill, you c**t.

Anyone else wish to idly speculate on the appropriate sanction for today's hapless lorry driver? I'm thinking stick him in jail for an aggregate of all the additional time he's cost innocent travellers to get to their destination today. He can have two and a half hours for me. The dozy twonk.

All you do-gooders never get it right do you?

String the him up by the balls, let him think about it for a couple of weeks, then shoot the fucker.

It's the only kind of language that Johnny Foreigner understands.

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

bridge-5.jpg

Some bill at the body repair shop for that?

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

bridge-5.jpg

I'm fairly sure that I read something about the opening ceremony where there was a fly past by some RAF bombers/fighters and in a Top Gun-esque "request permission to buzz the tower" they ignored their orders and flew underneath it.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

All you do-gooders never get it right do you?

String the him up by the balls, let him think about it for a couple of weeks, then shoot the fucker.

It's the only kind of language that Johnny Foreigner understands.

Where are you getting Johnny Foreigner from? It's a Curries European lorry - they're Dumfries based so the chances are he's not even English, just a home grown numpty.

I would seriously doubt he'll ever make a living driving lorries again.

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

bridge-5.jpg

The Forth is a dangerous place for naval vessels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_May_Island

8 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

Where are you getting Johnny Foreigner from? It's a Curries European lorry - they're Dumfries based so the chances are he's not even English, just a home grown numpty.

Let me introduce to the term " WHOOSH "

I was driving back late-ish at night when it was closed to HGVs last winter after the strut broke, and several full-size articulated lorries were blithely ignoring mile and mile of signs and stern warnings. If it's not sufficiently policed or deterred situations like today will happen.

There is a nice wee museum about the bridges at South Queensferry and it has a big plan showing the Fleet Review, IIRC. I think spectators on shore hardly saw anything.

Footage of the bridge opening in here:

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I was driving back late-ish at night when it was closed to HGVs last winter after the strut broke, and several full-size articulated lorries were blithely ignoring mile and mile of signs and stern warnings. If it's not sufficiently policed or deterred situations like today will happen.

There is a nice wee museum about the bridges at South Queensferry and it has a big plan showing the Fleet Review, IIRC. I think spectators on shore hardly saw anything.

Footage of the bridge opening in here:

Old boy in the kilt getting bored checking Liz's tits at 2.26

42 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

My mate's a transport planner for Curries, the driver is foreign. 

34 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Let me introduce to the term " WHOOSH "

Wrong.

2 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

My mate's a transport planner for Curries, the driver is foreign. 

Wrong.

Is your mates name Billy?

Not wrong! ICTJ's post was very much tongue in cheek which is what I was referring to.

1 minute ago, WILLIEA said:

Is your mates name Billy?

Not wrong! ICTJ's post was very much tongue in cheek which is what I was referring to.

No. 

I hadn't noticed the first post, only seen you quote  Liviclyde. Either way, tongue in cheek or not, the driver was foreign. Not that it makes one note of difference where he's from, the tit drove across the bridge when it was closed to high sided vehicles.