Whose Going Down?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe United will have enough about them to get 10th place. Killie and Hamilton are in free fall and will struggle to gain more than a point each from their remaining games. Accies now need to prepare for the play offs and Killie need to build a squad capable of getting back into the premiership.

Do you mean 1 point per game or 1 point from all remaining fixtures? If you mean a point per game, Hamilton would effectively be 15 points clear at the moment with United having 7 games remaining. 5 wins would be a big big ask for the team languishing at the bottom of the table.

Go on statto.com, shows you a league table based on games against each half

Looks like we've been equally shite against top and bottom-halves.  Now, if you just take the last 10 games, we'd be joint-5th and Killie and ICT would be bottom.

If we can take a point against Thistle tomorrow, things are looking possible.

Nah, we'll Hibs it in the play-off

Looks like we've been equally shite against top and bottom-halves.  Now, if you just take the last 10 games, we'd be joint-5th and Killie and ICT would be bottom.

If we can take a point against Thistle tomorrow, things are looking possible.

Nah, we'll Hibs it in the play-off

Incorrect.

We will require a draw on the last day to finish 10th, but get pumped and finish bottom.

United 1/8

Kilmarnock 11/2

Hamilton 40/1

All as of a couple minutes ago on bet365.

There is absolutely no way that Hamilton will finish bottom, hence the odds.

They are 4 points ahead of Kilmarnock and 9 points ahead of Dundee Utd with 6/7 matches to go.

Odds of 40/1 on Hamilton just now. Very tempting.

Managed to get in on it when it was 50/1.

Those who are doubtful of us finishing bottom, I really wouldn't rule it out. We have the most incompetent manager in the league and the players have gave up. If United are within 6pts of us before the split, I really couldn't see them catching us.

They are 4 points ahead of Kilmarnock and 9 points ahead of Dundee Utd with 6/7 matches to go.

if Hamilton lose all their games which will include Killie and Utd it's entirely possible.

We could quite easily finish bottom.

Canning is a cluless dolt, and the players have downed tools. Can't say I blame some of them.

At least the board will be delighted when we go down.

Why would they be? Seriously?

if we win tomorrow and Saturday, against Partick and Inverness. Then Killie loses to St Johnstone, and Hamilton lose to Dundee. That would leave us 2 ahead of Killie and Hamilton only 3 ahead.

We could easily catch them, but United will probably balls it up like most of the season.

if Hamilton lose all their games which will include Killie and Utd it's entirely possible.

Except that Hamilton have only lost two league matches in a row once in 2016.  They might not be very good but they dig out a victory here and there and pick up quite a few draws.

Kilmarnock are in much worse form, they've only got 1 goal in the last 6 matches, and even Dundee Utd's revival isn't that impressive, they have 1 win from the last 4 league games.

if we win tomorrow and Saturday, against Partick and Inverness. Then Killie loses to St Johnstone, and Hamilton lose to Dundee. That would leave us 2 ahead of Killie and Hamilton only 3 ahead.

We could easily catch them, but United will probably balls it up like most of the season.

If I visit Hunterston and get bitten by a spider I could turn into Spiderman...

Could easily happen, but I'm not going to and have never visited Hunterston so it's not going to. 

Except that Hamilton have only lost two league matches in a row once in 2016. They might not be very good but they dig out a victory here and there and pick up quite a few draws.

Kilmarnock are in much worse form, they've only got 1 goal in the last 6 matches, and even Dundee Utd's revival isn't that impressive, they have 1 win from the last 4 league games.[/quote

P]

Fair dos. Never knew all the ins and outs just see the accies getting skelped each week.

...and even Dundee Utd's revival isn't that impressive, they have 1 win from the last 4 league games.

Alternatively, we've gone 4W 1D 2L in the last 7 competitive games.

In the 20 games on and before the new year derby, we'd won once in the league.

1 in 20 vs 4 in 7 = revival imo.

Hate to say it but think the dabs might just stay up.... only cause killie are horrendous...on a brighter note put 250 quid on hilmarnock to finish bottom a few months back and got 8 to 1 ....straight after the Friday night defeat united got against celtic... so hey ho

Alternatively, we've gone 4W 1D 2L in the last 7 competitive games.

In the 20 games on and before the new year derby, we'd won once in the league.

1 in 20 vs 4 in 7 = revival imo.

Dundee Utd might end the season in the best form of the bottom three but they are not so good that they aren't going to drop points.  For Hamilton Accies to finish bottom Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock would both have to win the majority of their matches and Hamilton get nothing.  That's not going to happen.

It's between Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd for bottom spot and all three for the play off place but Utd won't finish 10th and Accies won't finish 12th.

And I hope Utd win tomorrow cos it confirms Motherwell's Top 6 place.

Do you mean 1 point per game or 1 point from all remaining fixtures? If you mean a point per game, Hamilton would effectively be 15 points clear at the moment with United having 7 games remaining. 5 wins would be a big big ask for the team languishing at the bottom of the table.

I mean 1 point in total from the remaining fixtures. Both Killie and Accies are in free fall and United are starting to hit a bit of form.

I mean 1 point in total from the remaining fixtures. Both Killie and Accies are in free fall and United are starting to hit a bit of form.

You have made me laugh this morning, thanks. By this logic Killie and Hamilton will draw with each other post split and lose the remaining 10 games. You don't really think that'll happen, do you? You were just exaggerating the point you think we're both pish.

Archived