Whose Going Down?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dundee United could pull off a great escape if they catch up with Accies.

I'm resigned to the fact that Utd will stay up tbh.

They are still chronically shite, but so are Killie and Hamilton. The main difference appears to be that Utd have found a bit of fighting spirit and I can see them easily amassing enough points to cement 11th at worst. Their luck also seems to have about turned from earlier in the season where comedy cuts like Mannus on Saturday were more likely to be occurring at the other end.

Playoffs will probably be a premiership team win as well. Hibs will hibs it in the semi pwhilst Falkirk and Raith are simply not good enough to beat a premiership team over 2 legs IMO.

Falkirk have some good players (Alston, Sibbald, Vaulks) but far too many players in that squad are way off the premiership standard (McCracken, Baird, Kerr).

Raith are a who's who of premiership failures - with a strong contingent of ex Dundee players who were way short in our last premiership spell.

(Iain Davidson, Benedictus, Toshney, Mark Stewart, Stephen craigen, Scott Robertson, Louis longridge. Aiden Connolly) McKinnon really has done a fantastic job with that squad tbf.

As bad as they were yesterday, you have to think if they can conjure up another win from somewhere that might be enough to ensure that Accies at least avoid finishing bottom.

A lot of talk of United closing the gap but they could be 8 points behind if they lose their next 2 games and Killie win on Saturday.

Its shaping up to be one of the most interesting finales since the playoffs were introduced.

What's the stat that United's wins have all come against the clubs in the top 6.

That doesn't bode well for after the split.

Go on statto.com, shows you a league table based on games against each half

Despite beating Accies at NDP and only drawing with Killie at home on Saturday, I think Accies are the better team overall, thoug Killie have a couple of very dangerous players.

Can see United beating Thistle tomorrow, causing Killie to clench a wee bit more.

I believe United will have enough about them to get 10th place. Killie and Hamilton are in free fall and will struggle to gain more than a point each from their remaining games. Accies now need to prepare for the play offs and Killie need to build a squad capable of getting back into the premiership.

Got 20/1 on Killie to finish bottom when Clark was appointed. One win could change it all for them but right now I'm feeling confident.

Odds of 40/1 on Hamilton just now. Very tempting.

I think Killie are gone to be honest, they've got nothing about them and have the Hibs-esque nothingness of a couple of years back about them. United will spawn into 11th and then beat Falkirk in the playoffs.

Fingers crossed though that the Arabs go down, it'd be worth it to see their fans and their media chums greetin about it.

I think Killie are gone to be honest, they've got nothing about them and have the Hibs-esque nothingness of a couple of years back about them. United will spawn into 11th and then beat Falkirk in the playoffs.

Fingers crossed though that the Arabs go down, it'd be worth it to see their fans and their media chums greetin about it.

^^^ No bus fare.

Are we still 40/1 to finish bottom? Madness. United are like Barca just now compared to us. Already stand to make a £450 profit if we are bottom. I've seen it coming for months. Usually this would jinx the bet but we are so stinking I don't think it will this time.

Are we still 40/1 to finish bottom? Madness. United are like Barca just now compared to us. Already stand to make a £450 profit if we are bottom. I've seen it coming for months. Usually this would jinx the bet but we are so stinking I don't think it will this time.

Surely Hamilton can't be 40/1 to finish bottom :lol:

Archived